[1.0.x - NEM/HC] The Dreidellete - The Spinning Budget Scion

Hi everyone, I made this build with some inspiration from other duelist spinning builds. The only issue with their build was: the price. Their builds relied on bringer of rains (7+ ex) and expensive shields. I decided,to hell with it, I'm going self-found and whatever gear I find I'm going to use (until I find a bringer myself of course!). This build was originally done with a Duelist, but can also be done with a Scion! I'm actually rolling a Scion with this build atm!

Pros:

"

• High survivability
• High map clearing potential
• Cheap, cost effective, can be self-found but can also use high-end gear when found/bought
• Never boring
• Only keeps getting better and stronger as your character progresses!
• Cannot be shotgunned by mobs!
• Easy to hit more than 6000 life & 10k armor with this build!!

Cons:

"

• Temp chains map along with chilled ground maps can be annoying (doable, but slow)
• Vulnerability is a bitch
• Makes you want to YOLO sometimes - I spin into massive rooms of monster just to see if I'll survive sometimes
• Corrupted blood is a bitch - cyclone + double strike w/ multi focus on many smaller hits, which can be an issue with corrupted blood.
• While the build can be done self-found, it's going to be slow, as cyclone is dependant on a 5-6 link for late game
• Prone to desync (there is a sort of work-around - check bottom of this post!)

Gems/Linking:

"

• [Cyclone] - [Life on Hit] - [Blood Magic] - Melee Physical Damage] - [Concentrated Effect] - [Added Fire Damage]
• [Double Strike] - [Life Leech] - [Blood Magic] - [Multistrike] - [Faster Attacks]
• [Cast on Damage Taken] - [Decoy Totem] - [Temporal Chains] - [Enduring Cry]
• [Reduced Mana] - [Grace] - [Anger] - Whatever ability you want
• [Leap Slam] - [Blood Magic] - [Faster Attacks] - [Devouring Totem] (for getting places quicker + disposing of skeletons/no regen maps)

Bandit Rewards:

"

• Normal - Oak (love dat 40 hp)
• Cruel - Oak OR skill point
• Merciless - Oak (more damage mitigation - puts you at 7 endurance charges = 24% damage mitigation with this build, and on top of your armor and grace, it's easy to hit 70%+ reduction)

Leveling:

"

• Check out the act 1 vendor, buy a 2 handed maul and try to transmute/alt/augment it to have + dmg and life on hit. Grab Sweep, get 5-6 monsters (or more if you're ballsy) to surround you, sweep and repeat. This can be used all the way up to 40.

• Alternatively, you can use Spectral Throw

• Get cyclone as a quest reward, and try it out. At the start, it's extremely mana-intensive, and not as strong as it is late game. Opt for Sweep or Spectral Throw until level 45 or later. You can start using Cyclone earlier but it is a pain in the butt having enough mana to use it.

• Make sure you get Iron Reflexes off the tree early. This means you can start running Grace and it will boost your armor by quite a bit!

Skill tree:

"
The skill tree is something that I'll always tinker with once in a while, just make sure to check out the final skill tree once in a while!

110 Points Used

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How come you aren't using Facebreakers?
Spoiler

• I have 3 pairs in my stash. I think they're boring, and using a Bringer of Rain & Facebreakers means that your Double Strike damage will take a hit - cyclone is a very strong ability - but double strike is better for fighting single monsters (i.e. rares,uniques, bosses) especially in no regeneration maps. Each time you cast cyclone, around 240 of your health goes away. That means you need to hit your target 6 times in order to get that amount of health back (level 18 life gain on hit). You're probably not going to hit that 1 single target for 6 times, and you'll actually be losing life. Double strike with Multistrike and Life Leech linked lets you afk click single targets (bosses especially).

2. How come you have Unwavering Stance in your tree? Cyclone prevents you from being stunned?
Spoiler

• Desync can happen at any time, and it can happen anywhere. This build was creating for surviving through Nemesis, where anything can kill you (SURPRISE!). There's been times where I lose half of my half just because 4-5 desynced skeleton rhoas charge me from half the map away. I'd rather not take the chance. When you do get a Bringer of Rain, then maybe it's worth speccing out of Unwavering Stance as it does not stack with the Blind.

Testimonials:

"

• Mikerelf
Spoiler
"
mikerelf wrote:
Would like to give a report on my Scion version of this build ..
Got my Scion to lvl 60, and I'm enjoying this build a lot. It's really fun, tho I run it at Domi league, because I prefer to bruteforce some bosses (Dominus, I hate you, and screw you) instead of boring (for me) kiting and TP'ing back to base if I'm in danger...

All in all- thanks for idea, I really love the build, and I think it will only get better.
As a side note- this build is the only one, in which desync actually does not matter all that much- I'm happy if I'm in the middle of the monster group.
"
mikerelf wrote:

Last edited by Mallet on Dec 2, 2013, 10:47:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info