Enhance

"
moozooh wrote:
That made sense for Empower since you were basically leveling gems past 20. But Enhance isn't even close to the potential usefulness of Empower, and it doesn't affect other supports (which typically benefit from quality bonus a lot more than active skills). To be fair, it's just not a very useful gem, period.

This is faulty reasoning. You are NOT leveling a gem to 22. Empower and enhance are their own support gem, they should be treated as leveling a support gem to 20.
Arctic armour + enhace and lightning warp?
sounds good but reminds me that i never figured out how movement speed works along side lightning warp's reduced duration.
Throwing enhance in with your curse(s) makes a decent amount of sense to me. Quality is huge on temporal chains, and pretty nice on a lot of other curses too.

With a 20% quality temp chains + enhance, you've got a 53% reduction to move/attack/cast speed from temporal chains. That's pretty sick.

If instead you put it in your CwDT 4L with level 5 (20% quality) temp chains, that's still 45% reduction - IE enhance exactly makes up for the 15 missing levels.

"
Oiranoiccid wrote:
Arctic armour + enhace and lightning warp?

Putting it in your utility link with your curses + arctic armor makes sense. I'm not sure it makes sense with lightning warp. You really want lightning warp to be linked to faster casting + reduced duration. If you can spare a 4L instead of a 3L I suppose you could add enhance, but faster casting is strictly better than enhance if you can only have one.
This Gem's Experience Requirement to be usefull is a BIG FUCKING FAIL.

In a 4 month league, you can have this gem at level 3 only when you are a nolifer.
"
LMHTB wrote:
This Gem's Experience Requirement to be usefull is a BIG FUCKING FAIL.

In a 4 month league, you can have this gem at level 3 only when you are a nolifer.
don't double post.
For reference: I was "lucky" enough to get two drops of this gem. The first, no quality, while I was around level 68. The second one, +11%Q, recently. Now I'm level 80 and I always keep enhance equipped off hand
Spoiler
watch inside
to level it up. In this lapse it gains around 1/3 of the first level's experience. I simply don't get the sense of this gem, is a gem for Xmas' year 2054 gift for your nephew?

Let's reckon a bit (i hope all the data i have are correct):

To level a non quality enhance up to level 3 you will have to:
*** Reach level 50 with 240 different character with this gem always equipped or
*** Reach level 80 with 168 different character with this gem always equipped or
*** Reach level 100 with "only" 34 different character with this gem always equipped
*** do roughly 35000 dominus run!

Pick up the last one and let's say you are good enough to do it in 20 minutes. You will have your gem ready only in 490 days equivalent to 11760 hours of gameplay. You can do it in 5 minutes? Only 2940 hours of gameplay are separating you from the best Xmas present a nephew can desire!

Are we sure that they don't mispelled as
Inheritance???
And what about if they nerf it because they consider it overpowered after your nephew have waited so long to use it???

I apologize in advance with the devs for the tone of this post, and I do not hope my math are correct because I'd like to try enhance level 3 one day...
Last edited by ammenz on Dec 20, 2013, 8:08:49 PM
-never mind. ignore what i said-
Last edited by dlrr on Jan 2, 2014, 2:03:25 AM
I would love to see the math for level 90 being natural. Maybe if you piety all the way there?

Gems only receive 10% of the xp you do, but without level restrictions.
Last edited by Gravethought on Dec 31, 2013, 9:39:03 PM
"
Gravethought wrote:
I would love to see the math for level 90 being natural. Maybe if you piety all the way there?

Gems only receive 10% of the xp you do, but without level restrictions.
and gems get exp even if you don't (or if you lost it via death and had to re-get it)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info