my beta feedback

hi ppl,

ok i made it to lvl 72 witch currently.

likes..

i like the graphics and general feel of the game, some of the missions/quests are a little confusing in respect of what do i do next.. not very clear in some parts. but on the whole very good.

i like the lower lvl end game maps, though need a ton more variety of different maps. same ones over and over = boredom fast. (i know these can be player changed but the changes can very often put the map into useless to me mode)

i like the sheer variety of npc types the game has, still needs more in future.

the chat channels while mostly usefull and informative very quickly become an annoyance due to spamming of item selling. the ignore list amount is far too low should be unlimited imho. also there is no option to view the names you have blocked should you wish to unblock them.

dislike..

dislike that my screen viewing distance at top and bottom are way less than right to left, being rushed by npc's i cannot see untill they are on top of me = not good.

dislike the fact that progression past a certain lvl is pretty much impossible as a single player. the xp increments become almost non existent to the point of why bother playing.

i dislike public party maps simply because of loot stealing .
(needs more party option settings prior to opening of map)

i dislike party maps because when six players are spamming a shedload of spells/attacks you simply cannot see anything except a chaotic mass of flashing colours, hell you can't even see what it is you are supposed to be shooting at.
( have a graphics effect reduction when enmass ? i dunno)

i dislike trying to shoot fast moving targets like monkeys, crypt cobras etc, trying to click on them while using a weapon like a wand arc lightning is nigh on impossible unless they are stood still or at distance.
(be nice if weapons were directional target rather than specific.. ie it hits the nearest npc in the direction you are pointing your mouse/weapon ?)

i dislike the fact ice pulse spell will not attack or hit npc's stood in doorways against walls or in corners.

i dislike the sheer apha amount of a mob, some 10-20 npc's rushing at you in engame maps usually right at the beginning.. while soloing it is nigh on impossible to kill enough fast enough or run away without being surrounded extremely quickly and consequently dying.

i dislike how mob bosses will camp around the entrance to an area that you died in.

i hate the constant dysynch's.. being teleported into the middle of the nearest mob is to say the least.. annoying. being teleported to random areas of the room i'm in is irritating too.

i know most players will say "bullshit i have no problems" well good for you, but i do not have endgame god gear to use, or insanely good luck getting cool mod drops.. being trying for nearly 2 months to link a 6 socket top lol god knows how may times i've tried linking it. destroyed it in frustration. maybe the odds on linking successfully can be tweaked ?

i dislike the passive tree as none of the choices have any explanation as to what the skill is/does/or affects. or which char type the spell is better suited for.. some are self explanatory yes but for the most part very vague indeed.

i dislike how global now includes players from all servers.. to try and trade with a player... i have to ask.. which server.. which act.. which difficulty every time.. irritating. hopefully the 3 servers will have separated trade and global etc in future.

currently using the beta i estimate my game endurance time to be roughly 2-3 months before it gets too tedious to play.. hopefully OB will extend this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this post does not require any comments as it is merely a statement of my thoughts about path of exile as it stands.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, i know i suck at it =) but i still like to play it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info