Lots of free time :)

"
Garr0t wrote:
A great hobby!

I maintained a 25 gallon for quite a few years. I experimented regularly with plants and tried to get a green aquarium. I could never find the right balance. Too much light, algae blooms. Too little light, the plants die off.

Ironically, I gave up shortly after purchasing a 55 gallon that I figured would allow for slightly lower maintenance due to the increased water volume. It sits cleaned and empty, waiting for me to pick it up again.

Maybe I'll get around to starting it up so my cat has something to watch while I'm at work all day... However, I still have to figure out a lighting set up for the new tank. Things have changed dramatically the last few years, and I'm not sure if I want to throw away a bunch of fluorescents I purchased at a close out sale a while back.

I got sick a few years ago and my boyfriend brought home a betta and a small tank to see if it would help with the depression and give me something else to focus on, a year later I've developed pretty good fish care skills and plants that grow like no tomorrow. The plants have been a joy to learn to take care of and on bad nights when I can't focus on anything else watching the fish are probably why I'm still alive.

Definately worth the battles with the algae, we don't have issues any longer with it but did for the first few months. I'd recommend anyone to start a planted tank!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
I have a little rinky dink camera and have to leave the flash on or it doesn't light the tank right. I've tried and tried but it just won't come out at all without the flash on.

Damn, Well i can see how awesome it probably looks anyway >.< ahahah, Looks like a really interesting hobby, something i could see myself putting some time into if i had the spare cash

Is the idea to have fish/shrimp/prawns in the tank also usually? or do they eat the plants?
IGN: EviiLe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info