Summoner Build Advice

I've got a problem with my summoner build, but its a very good problem to have.

First, its a lvl 53 witch and absolutely walking through Merciless act 2 right now. The zombies/skeletons and spectres do everything for me, and rarely die.

I am looking for a useful ability to use on my left click skill slot. Right now I am using arc. Initially the thought there was that the shock status would help my minions kill things faster. But without any passives towards crit/spell damage/cast speed... it really becomes a relatively useless skill.

You might think to add another utility ability like an aura, trap, curse or totem but you cannot assign those to left click because then you cannot move your character.

So any ideas for something to put on left click that would be of any use?

Don't think its really needed, but here is my current passive tree. Basically all abilities are for minions or increasing my life/resist/ES. After finishing off the last minion node, I plan to put the rest of the points into survivability, with maybe one more +30 str node so I can keep upgrading the rejuv totem a bit more.

In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Jan 13, 2013, 3:01:22 PM
My first question would be, do you use bargain/wand, wand/shield, Decree or other?
Care to link your gear? Would love to see the gem links and the gear stats.

About your question, how about something like Power Siphon? Could certainly think of a use for power charges.
Last edited by Hayrich on Jan 13, 2013, 3:35:07 PM
Power siphon is actually the way to go I think. That and conduit is right there for the taking. Just have to replace the main hand with a wand, which isn't an issue. I took the mace because at the time I was short on mana and strength, which is no longer an issue.

As far as gear... lol.... well, here it is. Its a bit of an embarrassing mess right now. I currently don't have anything beyond 3 sockets, and have a few gems just leveling for future use.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The +1 to minion gems on the helm is an absolute must. It raises the zombie life from 2200 to 2900, and probably a similar ratio for the skeletons. The shield is also very important for the survivability of the minions because I have necromantic aegis.

But the rest is really just there for defense. Life and energy shield and mana. And none to impressive either. For the longest time I was running two gold rings just for the magic find...

In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
As a summoner you can/should run full mf, your minions don't scale off your gear and you shouldn't be taking too many hits.

Arc is a good choice, you don't need a lot of accompanying investment, but you do need the two +10% shock chance nodes next to minion instability and the 5% shadow node helps if you're in that area already. Just throw on elemental proliferation, chain, and cast speed (or mana leech if need be).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info