Friend list, party, trade invitations and whisper suggestions to add in option panel

I did not found yet any suggestions about it on that forum so here they are.

1) There should be added "check/uncheck" option with allowing or not other people can send to you:

a) friend invitation,
b) party invitation,
c) trade invitation,
d) whisper.

2) There should be added "check/uncheck" option with allowing or not other people can add you to their friend list when you click DECLINE friend list invitation or just simple option with allow people to add me to their friend list only when i will click ACCEPT on their invitations.

I have posted topic about second suggestion as bug on Support & Bug Reports forum but no one answered yet. Topic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/62506/quote/784405

"
When someone sending to you friend list invitation and you will DECLINE it, that person who sent invitation still can have you on friend list. I dont want let "random" people to have automatically permission to infos about moments i go online/offline and about area im currently on, my characters level. In my opinion chat command /whois is enough so please think about solve that problem and disallow people for things mentioned above.

Second thing, if i will add that person to ignore list, is that person allowed to c me on their friend list? If yes, another thing is broken. And im not a fan ignore list command, its last step i will do for special case.

If you can add in future option in menu to check/uncheck "allow people to c me on their friend lists only when they are added to mine friend list". In that case also unfriend button should affect their friend lists.

Its important thing for future races and OB generally.

Hope in here someone will answer or let us know that similar things are already added or fixed with 0.10.0 patch.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
a) friend invitation

You would not know about it. I accidentally filled up my friend list when miss-clicking 'trade' or 'whisper'. They don't know I befriended them LOL. I feel it is unimportant.

"
d) whisper.

/ignore

"
check/uncheck option with allowing or not other people can send to you:

b) party invitation,
c) trade invitation,

Yes, agree with b+c.
I saw (in other games), a bunch of players picking on one and spamming him with invitations.
Really annoying. I know, we are mature but there will be a number of 'younger by heart' joining us soon.

Does /ignore blocks the invites? It would solve it better than "check/uncheck box" imho.

"
DELETED

Did he/she do something wrong? Was it ugly name?
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
"

a) friend invitation

You would not know about it. I accidentally filled up my friend list when miss-clicking 'trade' or 'whisper'. They don't know I befriended them LOL. I feel it is unimportant.

Yes, every time you friend someone a box goes to that person to accept or decline putting you onto their friend's list, so every person that you put on your list either added you to theirs or declined it. It does not tell you what they did as their name is added to your list regardless of if they want you to add them or not.

Seems to me this could and will be abused in game by people to harass and heckle other people. I would be interested in knowing if you put someone on ignore does it take you off of their friends list?

This should be better controlled by the player because in the event of harassment there is not even the option to switch to another character to get away from it, as the entire account is added without you giving permission for it to be added.

The game being free to play and accounts created just to harass players will happen if finding them is this easy.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jan 15, 2013, 12:47:21 PM
Agree on the : "Do not allow non-friends to see me on their friendlist If I am online/offline "(just show them offline all the time, or make it not possible)

It should not be allowed to be tracked if you don't want it. Also /who should be able to be denied, although that's a little bit less important since you would need to make a chat-macro.

For instance: "Hey you are only level xx?" does not deserve an ignore, but it's annoying. That dude put me on his friendlist before and I removed him for obvious reasons.

I had to ignore some dudes just for these random messages... people that I don't know and didn't befriend and probably declined... I don't want to ignore them, they do not deserve it, and I probably want to chat with them in the public chat later on, but with the current system I rather do that than getting annoyed by random messages.

On the flipside it should be possible to save trolls on a visible list. For instance Leechers who intentionally join rotations without having the quest etc. With the current system I put them on my friend-list + ignore + friend-note, so I can later remember who is the troll-leecher.

By the way: I am not sure if it is already the case but, "Ignoring someone who has me on their friendlist, should remove me from their friendlist". That would just be very logical, since ignoring someone prevents him from putting you on his friendlist.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Oct 24, 2014, 7:56:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info