Scion theorycraft - 60% block/spellblock Wings of Entropy, BoR

Here is the final passive build with 116 points.

Basically build is based off of CHARLOWTFBBQ's duelist build, but with some tweaks to take Eldrich Battery and Mind over Matter. Plan would be to run Artic Armour with this build.

Pure theory craft at this point, but if anyone can give me some tips on where to improve it I would be appreciative. Build does not take Resolute Technique so will have to have some accuracy on gear, but there is over 60% accuracy increase in the passives. Decent attack speed increase. If you have gear with good resists and leech on it then you can save some passives that way too.

The build is meant to be crazy tanky with the ability to not only have a 7-link skill via BoR, but also have a 5 or 6-link skill in Wings of Entropy.

Honestly I am not sure what the dps would be end game, but I plan on trying this out via standard with a respect I have and then giving nemesis a go.

EDIT: I need to make major updates to the passive tree and also put in some math's :) I will likely create a completely new thread with my full build and leveling guide.
Last edited by runnin17 on Dec 8, 2013, 5:02:20 PM
I was thinking of something like this as well. Anyone tried something like this? I want a Wings of Entropy :()
Hey been thinking more on the build. I didnt like EB because we already have a BoR and no chest so I dropped that for more mana nodes. It kinda goes all over the place a bit but it picks up alot of good keystones.

I'm not taking advantage of all the axe/2hand nodes. Took the dual wield ones. Dipped over to Marauder and Templar for some stuff..Mostly ele adapt and RT..the -crit nodes and some life. Grabbed a decent amount of res since we have BoR and no chest.

Kinda borrowing from Turock's hack slash ranger a bit. Lot of block nodes put us at 72% with WoE and BoR(74% if you take the last block node at Scion start.

The part I'm unsure of is how many Auras we can effectively run while having MoM up. Hopefully Grace and Hatred. Eh well its another Theory craft take on this. Ill keep you updated but I'm poor and don't have any of those uniques or any high level stuff yet.

AA might be able to fit to unsure though..Anyone ever tried AA with blood magic? lol

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwDhwUtCGcOrRLhFE0UdRg8GNsZLhutG_YhYCftKPoxnjIJNJM1kjrhOu07KDwtQKBBh0OcRZ1Hfkp9SshM_04qT1ZUSVuvXz9gS2EhY3BlTWegbEZuaW6qcHJybHKpdEF07XTxd9d4DXjreqp673zZfXV_K4LHg72E2YTvhTKHdojxkzqVZprgnrmiAKZXqWipbqxZrKqs6q9ssz-18rZBtz653b0nvoq-p768wYvEuMT2xYrGrtN-0_zUj9Uc1fjWityC3Q3d5-Lq5ojnCudS52Pr7u8O73rv4_Af8i_yRfPd-ej8xf4K_ro=
Last edited by CptNinjetty on Dec 6, 2013, 11:30:35 PM
Just an update on this build. I have changed around the skill tree a lot. I am currently level 67 and my dual strike dps without using hatred is 4.3k. That just seems low to me, but this build is focusing on tank mostly. Still have armour and ES passives that I need to pickup. I can run level 9 AA up all the time when running clarity, discipline, and hatred/grace. You can also run a 40% aura in the end game with my current end game skill tree and that will leave you with about 250-350 mana in the mana pool which is plenty if you absolutely need that 40% aura.

Keep in mind that if you have only 300 mana in the pool and you are using MoM, you can take a hit of 1000 dmg and it will only hit your life for 700 dmg due to MoM. AA I believe is applied after the dmg mitigation, so essentially you don't really notice any hits unless they are over 3000 dmg. Even then you are attacking fast enough and your block is so high that you leech it back really quickly.

The build is viable due to the vast amount of spell block. Storm heralds I just have to laugh at now and even piety's lightning storm is a bit of a joke. Currently only level 68 and I am doing this on nemesis, so I will not be rushing anything at all.

I am only a bit concerned about the final dps of the build. My accuracy currently is atrocious at only 76% (yeah I know). I have allotted passives to take resolute technique, but if I can get my chance to hit above 90% then I will likely save the points and not go RT. My current dps while running hatred is 6.4k dps. I have a 64% block chance / 32% spell block. About 5k armour, I know it is not much, but taken into account I am also using MoM and arctic armour. With grace my armour practically doubles and I have not taken the major aura buffs yet.

EB is possible even with not so good gloves. I am currently using pure ES gloves.

Here is my current gear (the resists are still a bit of an issue, but I will be searching for better rings and a GG belt).

Spoiler
Sounds like you can have proper block/spellblock or eldritch/MoM but not both and also stack life to the amount needed to be safe. I'm playing a 78 duelist based on the BBQ build but with a 5linked and a 4linked CWDT employed creatively. The char sports 74% phys block and 73% spell block and should have over 5k health @ full build w. an approximately 24k dps dual strike. With full build I may be able to get into cyclone via blood magic gem but we'll see. Given the lack of updates I gather that you were never able to resolve your DPS problem. Interesting.
With maxblock and spellblock u hardly receive any incoming damage. No point in getting MoM. I have a marauder cycloner using BoR + wings of entropy + rainbowstrides + stone of lazhwar with 68% dual block and I use cyclone on blood magic with only 2% physical leech on gloves, and still my health hardly drops below 3/4th.

Block is that powerful..
"
CptNinjetty wrote:

AA might be able to fit to unsure though..Anyone ever tried AA with blood magic? lol

Arctic armor does not work with blood magic. It will still drain ur mana.

Source : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armour

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info