Sturdy Incinerate Build

So this is a build that I'm currently working on for incinerate using the Scion. I'm finding that it's exceptionally sturdy. I'm currently in the Pyramid in Merciless Act II and my equipment is very sad comparatively, but I'm not having any real problems.. I hope to get to really testing it in Act III where the heavy hitters and annoying mobs are soon, but I'm looking for some feedback. Here's where I'm currently at in the skill tree at level 66:

Here's my current equipment some of which is very bad for where I am, but I swear I've been rolling through everything just fine. As for the odd placements of gems I'm currently working on leveling the gems until I can alter better armor to accommodate where I really want them. I'm currently using item rarity for hunting as I go because I don't really need faster casting at the moment.

Spoiler

I believe the real power of the build is the faster projectiles support gem. It more than doubles the range of my incinerate so that most enemies are dead before they can reach my character. At 632 base damage my full stack dps is about 2.5k and my incinerate hits enemies that are off the screen.

I'm using three auras at the moment; purity of elements, clarity, and vitality which leaves me with 113 mana that's still enough to cast all of my spells readily. As for survivability; the life leech and my cast of damage taken with molten shell lets me stand right in front of mobs and accept hits from crowds of champions without dying..

Anyway I hope you like what you see and where it's going.. any suggestions would be great.
you waste an absurd amount of points its ridiculous.
did you think this through at all?
I took a second look considering where I might have been wasting too many points and the only thing I can think of is that little side path on the right where I got to mana geyser, but I still don't feel like it's a waste considering that the scion starting area requires you to "waste" points to get anywhere anyway and if I was truly wasting points I don't think I could be handling merciless as easily as I have been since it's kinda a meat grinder for bad builds. If you had more specific examples I'd feel like your point is valid.
err, look at the top left of you tree, just by glancing at it I can see a dozen wasted points.

You spend 4 points to get Celestial Walker in the Templar tree, completely not worth it. You also waste 4 points getting into the witch tree, when 1 will suffice. Also those 8% spell nodes in the witch are not worth it. And travelling to mana geyser probably isn't worth it either.

If you want a study incinerate build, there are several variations. Here is one that starts as a Scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/556177

The build uses Cybil's Paw unique, max block chance, Mind Over Matter, and Eldritch Battery.
Ok well to be a bit more constructive, you see near the witch starting place? you spend 2 int and 2 strength when you could have just spent 1 int right above it for the same effect.
In addition to this it's not really worth it to go into the witch tree anyway.
Also 3 int and a dex node just for celestial walker is a hugely inefficient use of skill points.
You call it a sturdy build but is it really? because i see no block or MoM, just a moderate amount of life nodes which probably won't be enough.
So yeah these are some of the problems i saw, it's definitely a far from optimal skill tree right now at least
Wow.. lol I can't believe I did that with those 4 points going into witch.. to be fair this is what I currently have based on leveling through, but I have enough respec points saved up to fix that.. as for the templar points I plan on rifling through that area so it's really not too bad but I can see a possibly more realistic path by going around by the holy strength life circle and down to elementalist. As for mana geyser I kinda needed it early on but now I can respec out of that side path for other things. I admit it doesn't feel like a sturdy build but I've survived crap I never thought I could with this build. I will take a look at that link for ideas because it's definitely worth investigating. Thanks for the critique.

Maybe this looks slightly better?

the future nodes will be spent on a path through those templar fire nodes to celestial walker and down to the discipline and training life circle.

Thanks again for your time and energy.
I'll keep that in mind. I definitely like the idea of not being stunned and that shield seems very necessary.. thanx
Ok so after a lot of consideration I may need to either start this character over.. or get 24 orbs of regret... lol probably a restart than.. I think this might be the only viable way to make my version of the build stable enough to do end game maps.. I realize it's not eldritch battery or high block chance cybill's paw scales but I believe it may work as a Vaal Pact build and have reconstructed it accordingly. thanks to the seriously crazy casting time of incinerate with superior faster casting and the few nodes I have that boost casting speed I can cast just over 10 incinerates a second (it comes out to an extra 1 time every 9 seconds there abouts) I should be able to leech enough life to stand around like a buffoon. I also included unwavering stance and will most likely try to get a cybill's paw scale for the build anyway.

Keep in mind you get 18 respec points from quests, so you really only "need" 6 regret orbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info