I play with Gunnar glasses

Ever since I saw Kripp play with Gunnar glasses, I bought a pair also. Seems nice, it helps calm the eyes and protect against reflect.

http://www.gunnars.com/
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 3:11:35 PM
Or you could use F.lux, which does the same thing, but for free, and you don't have to wear glasses.
"
ValiantWolf wrote:
Or you could use F.lux, which does the same thing, but for free, and you don't have to wear glasses.

Nah Nah!!...the glasses you can use them everywhere. At the movies, in your living room watching TV, at your friend playing console games...etc etc.

Last edited by Warmey on Dec 1, 2013, 5:32:22 PM
Good point, but i'd never touch em personally. I recently switched to contacts after wearing glasses for over 10 years. Needless to say, I want to stay away from any and all glasses. My nose is still recovering.
"
ValiantWolf wrote:

It's not the same.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
I've been wearing them for about 2 years now. WAY overpriced, but honestly, I would still recommend them.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
ValiantWolf wrote:

It's not the same.

can you expand on this? I never tried f.lux? how is it not the same, not the same "yellow" not the same what?
"
Warmey wrote:
and protect against reflect.

does it protect against phys and ele reflect?

ha ha, yeah totally joke of the year!
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
ValiantWolf wrote:

It's not the same.

Well, f.lux definitely has the same effect. I know because I've got both. Stopped using the Gunnars when I discovered f.lux, and to my eyes they are equivalent. And my eyes love them, for sure! I usually play late at night and the strain a large monitor has on your eyes is quite immense. Using either Gunnars or f.lux, you'll feel a lot better after a gaming session. It's very noticeable, to me anyway. And yes, they both work great.

f.lux is a wonderful little program, with its only drawback when it changes color temperatures (basically twice a day) - if you're in-game when that happens you'll get a serious fps drop for a couple of seconds. I've learned to spot it so it's not a problem, but be warned if you're new to it. It can be a dramatic frame drop, like solid 100+ fps to 5 fps. But again, this only happens twice in 24 hours and lasts only a few seconds so. :)
I would have liked f.lux if it didn't make the colours on my games look disgusting and dim

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info