Why Randomness is important in games

Make a game put random features in it,suddenly you have a talking point when some rare occurence happens within the random feature.Game designers must love these things, little effort for lots of feedback.Of course if you have multiple random features interacting with each other I guess it become a nightmare of bugs.

I was just in the Minecraft forum and there was a thread about a double chest that was not up against a wall and because its rarely seen people talk about it even though its pretty mundane.Oblivion is another game where some occasions cause Guards to start fighting with each other(actual can happen in minecraft where 2 skeletons fight each other).

Bugs are never good :P Intended randomness is good, bugs are bad.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I'm not sure to understand the link between bugs and randomness
"
ZooL wrote:
I'm not sure to understand the link between bugs and randomness

There isn't a link with random alone.Multiple combinations of anything are going to create a higher chance of a bug occuring if a bug can occur so obviously where its relevent like in the case of game mechanics.I just imagine there being more combinations with random stuff than handcrafted since handcrafting takes longer ie Uniques/sets in D2 are handcrafted while rares/magic are random.
"
zeto wrote:

Bugs aren't always bad. Sometimes they are good. Most of the time they are only good in a humourous way (like this). But sometimes they actually enhance gameplay.
i agree, the more random variables there are at work, the better.

and bugs are sometimes entertaining, as long as they're not game breaking :P

<3 GGG.

Devil loves this randomness!
IGN :Kriogenic
"
zeto wrote:

Ladybugs will disagree.
why randomness is important in threads

"
why randomness is important in threads

Spoiler
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info