Storm Call Scion Build Theory Crafting :P

Hey I've been playing this game for a couple of months and when I saw the new ability I got excited cause I love me some lightning soo I attempted to make a build for it. I'm basically thinking the build revolves around storm call with crit.

So here it is.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGeTOr0nGDz56L68guSQEYqvSsj-CvJFOuGmV03j_o81krfW21ktqLGQgwlGcbQMkycc3H_GoqPB84Ie2wuCxyj66-64kwx9V-H5ZSHDkNbcVx6UrD84G5HP5BEQf8aezfp8gxEtjr4snMG05Ox2ES1HUEKMNhOepJF-M13ypwiPRtDQm6Fnvc9lVcYWb36viPHnYzGetfJuqjLRRUe1BF3GRtfd87aGfVNgbfLOzLfVdYKbnYCDOBRNBLMCcfAfogCBb548TdiMdm0ZLR-NGeAS3Yw62Ow4GjinhJBVEZZwu9kTL28=

Please let me know what you think and any improvements I can do to make this tree more optimized.
I am by no means a build expert, but it seems like if you are going to be going for a crit based build you would want to pick up the extra power charges. Since Storm Call has a lower crit chance than say Fireball or Freezing Pulse, you are probably better served forgoing crit for just better damage.

The builds I have seen for Storm Call have been more focused on area of effect nodes to increase the overall dps of the skill, then using the smaller AOE support gem to further increase the damage.

You are probably better off going from Shaper into the large health cluster near the Scion starting area than taking sentinel to it. 3 skill points is a lot to invest for 18% all resist especially when you are choosing not to take "faith and steel" near the templar starting area. The same goes for the other cluster of 15% resist nodes you took near the shadow area.

I've made some very minor changes working of the build you've posted and got:
Spoiler

You want to seriously consider %faster cast with this skill, because it is not a linear DPS scaling like it is with other spells. There are specific faster casting points that allow you to cast an additional call before they all fire off.

Consider this thread to find the breakpoints:

I am going to sleep now, but if you post more info about what you want your build to do we can work out a more solid outline. For example if you plan to stick with the crit route, or if you decide you want to just go for shock stacking to provide your damage. What weapons you plan to use: Staves, Wands, Mace and shield. If you want to be running auras, using curses, totems, or traps. Just be as specific as you can with what you want your scion to do, and feel like.
I just want to get the most damage with the most survivability out of this build. Thank you bt for helping me out on this. Is a witch better optimized for this kinda thing or is a Scion much better?
I think the "best" class for storm call is really dependent on what you actually want to do with it. For a "survivable" storm caller I would probably roll as a templar. A templar is able to get static blows early, while taking a bunch of health nodes. They have early access to the increased radius skill, and can go get strength nodes for Iron Will if they decide that they want to go that route.

If you are looking for a build for storm call, just grab some of the inceased area nodes, static blows, and health nodes. Any other nodes you get along the way are largely irrelevant as most of the damage you'll do will come from casting speed and the gems themselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info