Bye Bye Totems and CI in OB :D:D:D:D:D

CI = Life becomes 1, all the stuff we know and.... Chaos Damage Can't bypass Energy Shield ;D
Ancestral Bond = You can summon a 2nd totem... You can't use skills by yourself ;D;D;D
Yeah, honestly dual totem + CI is not viable anymore.
So you better start as Templar and get the 130% increased life.
Going for CI is utterly pointless.
„Never underestimate one's greediness.”
Dual totems were OP, almost a necessity for many min/max dps builds. This change means totems will actually be a choice and play style.

CI change well, a change was needed. That one I don't know about but that is what beta testing is for I guess, to like test stuff... It does mean that going CI means you need to devote a lot more to it than before.
Any source for these changes?
Kripp showed it in his stream.

CI no longer gives 50% MORE energy shield, it just makes your HP 1 and causes Chaos Damage to no longer bypass shields.

It also leads to a group of nodes that add 8% energy shield, then a final node with 30% MORE energy shield. Note the MORE vs basic energy shield. More multiplies separately from base energy shield.

This is a pretty huge nerf. The whole thing cost more points, yields lower ES, and is now subject to Chaos damage, making blood rage no longer work. They nerfed 4 separate categories. IMO it is completely destroyed. I'm looking at Maurader/Duelist builds for the rest of beta.
Last edited by TheAmaranthine on Jan 12, 2013, 6:26:41 AM
"

CI no longer gives 50% MORE energy shield, it just makes your HP 1 and causes Chaos Damage to no longer bypass shields.

It also leads to a group of nodes that add 8% energy shield, then a final node with 30% MORE energy shield. Note the MORE vs basic energy shield. More multiplies separately from base energy shield.

This is a pretty huge nerf. The whole thing cost more points, yields lower ES, and is now subject to Chaos damage, making blood rage no longer work. They nerfed 4 separate categories. IMO it is completely destroyed. I'm looking at Maurader/Duelist builds for the rest of beta.

It's definitely a significant nerf and will need more points invested to make it useful, but on the other hand, also keep in mind that you will apparently have a lot more skillpoints overall to spend, so it somewhat evens out. Just getting the group of nodes behind CI would be more than the current 50%. I wouldn't say it's completely destroyed. It's just no longer automatically the best choice for every single build that uses ES. It's no longer, "Put one point into CI and otherwise go all offensive." We(well, most of us anyway) will have to wait for OB to see how it actually works out, but I suspect it will still be very strong for some builds, at least usable for others, and not so good for others. And really, that's how it should be.
"

Basicly just R.I.P. CI Users man.
Thoose changes made so many builds unplayable, if they at least would have let the 50% buff it would be ok to just loose Chaos immune but to loose basicly everything from CI makes it kinda garbage.
I dont know if i will play an full CI character anymore i will need an "playable build" for CI i guess.

Just gonna look for an hp build and ignore ES for a while
Assumptions.
ill just stack a lot of es and be done with it, its not that hard, and the good part for me is that i can finally regen es midcombat with vitality aura, since being ele, i couldnt leech it, we'll just have to see how it goes
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
I'm pretty sure you gonna need around 2k life to outregen chaos dot mod on maps using vitality (~1.5% life regen/sec). Why would you go CI if you have 2k life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info