Incoming Dual Totem Nerf

"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

@Groovin

You know this as well as I do, you know for a fact we were doing maps that we simply shouldn't have been able to do last ladder, using your totems as tanks.

Spell totems needed a nerf, Though they didn't need this nerf specifically, totems in general needed a nerf, and still need much much more nerfing.

Not everyone plays ladder. Not everyone plays hardcore. Frankly I don't care about mechanics that someone is using to race up the ladder or muscle through hardcore. In default dying is ok, and the leads players to create other "viable" builds which die more often but are far more entertaining playing totem chess with the game. You reinforce the point that too many decisions are based on alpha and hardcore ladder races which quite frankly a much smaller percentage of players participate in. They greatly changed totems in general over the last few months to allow a large number of skills that were previously unavailable to be used, at the SAME time they added a truckload of new spells. These merged perhaps into something to powerful, but rather than "dial it down" a notch, they swipe a totem from the players that use them and construct a "you are a summoner" if you run two totems, and I think it's the wrong fix to the problem of totems hogging to much aggro, the monsters could simply get a reset, so you have to "keep moving" if you want to use two of them, it doesn't matter, the point is broad stokes for the creativity of a few and the rapid introduction of a bunch of "new" stuff all at once without careful analysis of how historically the dual totems were not abused and used for much of the entire closed beta without concern. Regressive changes are not good in games generally.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Just because you didn't exploit it, doesnt mean it shouldn't have been nerfed.

Fix exploits with small changes not broad strokes that knock out what has been fine, viable and not OP for almost the entire closed beta. The recent changes in totems themselves, and the truckload of new spells are the source of the problem. People who enjoy running DT disagree, a large part that play in default league and do not participate in races or hardcore mode.
I did a dual spark totem temp to see what all the hype was about. I didn't need any gear and DPS barely mattered, at 60 it was doing about 400 DPS (which I would consider bad at 30-40) and was clearly content quickly, not struggling at all to stay alive.

That's the definition of OP, requires very little to be very powerful. This is why when people scream FP or GS builds are OP I don't think they understand what OP really means. OP end game is a good thing, OP mid/late game isn't. Dual totems were out of control strong, they needed a nerf.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Where can I read about this nerf? Or this just speculation?

Last edited by Torin on Jan 12, 2013, 7:55:31 AM
"
Torin wrote:
Where can I read about this nerf?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

Don't bother will trolling, I found the topic. I was just excepting something more official because Chris said he would probably give us some preview of changes in OB during this week.

"
Torin wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

Don't bother will trolling, I found the topic. I was just excepting something more official because Chris said he would probably give us some preview of changes in OB during this week.

They let Kripparian stream the alpha realm last night so we saw the new tree and keystones first hand.

As a note I think this is a cool change, dual totem is now the ultimate support character. Since the keystone doesn't allow you to do damage directly you will have to use curses, traps, totems and remote mines to do damage. Will be interesting, I'll probably give it a go.
S L O W E R
I wasn't trolling O.o was giving a +1, I wanted to know as well.

Also, thanks for the info amp, I'll check it out.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I wasn't trolling O.o was giving a +1, I wanted to know as well.

Also, thanks for the info amp, I'll check it out.

Well your post was empty so I assumed you were trolling. Sorry for accusing you then :D

Last edited by Torin on Jan 12, 2013, 10:14:28 AM
Quit with the reactionary posting. It's utter nonsense.

I have posted in every thread I can find so far about the totem/CI changes. I'll post this here again, so people stop overreacting:

NONE OF THE ALPHA CHANGES ARE PERMANENT.

THEY LITERALLY JUST RESET ALPHA WITH A NEW PATCH JUST BEFORE KRIPP STARTED STREAMING.

US ALPHA TESTERS HAVE NOT TESTED ANYTHING ABOUT CI OR TOTEMS SINCE THEIR CHANGE YESTERDAY.

GGG ALWAYS LISTENS TO ALPHA TESTER FEEDBACK ON CHANGES AND HAS ADJUSTED ALPHA ACCORDINGLY.

AS FAR AS WE KNOW, THESE CHANGES YOU SEE NOW WILL NOT BE THE SAME CHANGES YOU GET IN 10~ DAYS.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jan 12, 2013, 10:20:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info