PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

How did you start to be good on Races?

I tried my first race today. 3H solo HC and i sucked very hard. Died twice, and final character was 12 lv. I saw ppl went through 30 lv. How the hell it is possible? How you guys are being good on races. I need to learn because there are prizes. While people getting prizes from races, i can't watch. I need to learn. Any advices?
Watch people streaming the game, such as pairdime:

http://www.twitch.tv/pairdime
"
duolc wrote:
Watch people streaming the game, such as pairdime:

http://www.twitch.tv/pairdime

Yeah i think, i should watch.
All you need is knowlegde of the game-mechanics.
With this you just start to build yourself a routine.

1.)Got your basic idea?

2.)Got the gem-rewards to support your idea?

3.)Got your class-options given by gem-rewards?

4.)Play with the Passive-Tree to find out good synergies.

5.)Play the build a couple times until level xx.

6.)Refine your build gems, passive-tree, itemization, level-progression.

7.)Repeat 5 & 6 as often as you like.

First practice, i ended 26 lv after 3 hours. I should beat that at least for 30 lv. I couldn't find a ms boots in 3 hours. What a shame.
Don't trust on finding movement speed boots or any other good drops as long as you're able to get the white weapons and white gear to drop for your build that's all you should depend on.
Yes getting good drops makes it easier but if you rely on good drops ONLY you have a lot less chance of finishing first.

Since you could maybe find in the race no movement speed boots but after the race and you're practicing you find like 3 or maybe quillrain if you're using a ranger.

And also try NOT to die yeah I know you know it but even if needed DON'T be afraid and ALT+F4
or close the window any otherway oh yeah and don't do stupid shit like going after blue daughters of merveil in upper submerged just don't do that trust me I know.
Getting good at racing is almost 100% about practice. Before I started practicing I watched Panda's 3 hour video (which btw, a LOT has changed since that video and your standard should NOT be level 35). After I watched that video I noted a couple of the things he does and how he progresses. Then you should start practicing after getting a feeling for the race dynamic.

After a few days/weeks of practice you should have a good feeling for your build and if you can change your build to have more damage, or if you need more survivability. And just keep changing your build and race patterns bit by bit to improve on your times. Make sure you also note which items you need and at which points you need those items, i.e. leather belt before or after Brutus, how many resist rings you need, etc.

While practicing I suggest using a timer such as Wsplit so you can time your splits (Glyph Wall Quest, Brutus, Merveil, Weaver's, etc.)

PS- While practicing early on you shouldn't worry about dying and restarting when you die, try not to die obviously but if you die just keep practicing and keep your deaths to a minimum. Eventually you'll be good enough and have your build so tight that you will know where the dangerous points are in your race.
IGN - Customs
#1 Duelist Season 4
Last edited by Customss on Jan 12, 2013, 5:06:14 PM
"
Getting good at racing is almost 100% about practice. Before I started practicing I watched Panda's 3 hour video (which btw, a LOT has changed since that video and your standard should NOT be level 35). After I watched that video I noted a couple of the things he does and how he progresses. Then you should start practicing after getting a feeling for the race dynamic.

After a few days/weeks of practice you should have a good feeling for your build and if you can change your build to have more damage, or if you need more survivability. And just keep changing your build and race patterns bit by bit to improve on your times. Make sure you also note which items you need and at which points you need those items, i.e. leather belt before or after Brutus, how many resist rings you need, etc.

While practicing I suggest using a timer such as Wsplit so you can time your splits (Glyph Wall Quest, Brutus, Merveil, Weaver's, etc.)

PS- While practicing early on you shouldn't worry about dying and restarting when you die, try not to die obviously but if you die just keep practicing and keep your deaths to a minimum. Eventually you'll be good enough and have your build so tight that you will know where the dangerous points are in your race.

Thanks to all of you.
Yeah i also watched whole video. He went to cruel ledge in 1 hour 40 mins. I went there 2 hour 20 mins. I don't know if problem is me or not but desync and lag killing me. My latency is about 70 without spikes but specially ground slam doesn't work properly. Sometimes it doesn't hit in front of my character. Sometimes it kills from far awayyy. I didn't try to alt f4 good tip btw!
"
BisnessPirate wrote:
Don't trust on finding movement speed boots or any other good drops as long as you're able to get the white weapons and white gear to drop for your build that's all you should depend on.

Having the neccessary luck with your drops _will_ define the (theoretical) mark for your finish. You simply loose a lot of time if you move slower or if you have to hit things times instead of 2.

To belong really to the top enders of a race, you compete with (lots of) others that already (and always) know exactly every inch of what they do, and just the ones with the "best" luck will reach the very farest point.

The thing is, you cant rely on drops - but you will see the difference. As more, as shorter the race is (beside some other relations between race time and possible progress).
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
BisnessPirate wrote:

Having the neccessary luck with your drops _will_ define the (theoretical) mark for your finish. You simply loose a lot of time if you move slower or if you have to hit things times instead of 2.

To belong really to the top enders of a race, you compete with (lots of) others that already (and always) know exactly every inch of what they do, and just the ones with the "best" luck will reach the very farest point.

The thing is, you cant rely on drops - but you will see the difference. As more, as shorter the race is (beside some other relations between race time and possible progress).

Yeah that's true I actually didn't word it good enough since I should've said like you said LUCK does help tough theoretical everyone has the same luck and ending good without luck is mostly(Not perfectly since the more luck the less perfect you need to play wich is in itself impossible for us humans) needed or atleast useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info