Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Really the only use for Alphas is when you have a 21 PoF, otherwise you get no more max and lose HP. Don't bother using it without, especially as empower is stupid on auras. Note, this is my opinion, but without 21 gems, it makes about no difference.
"
Maverick1986 wrote:
elemental damage leech from doryani catalys work with RF?

Nope. Righteous Fire is a degeneration damage source - it doesn't cause hits. Life leech is only triggered through on-hit effects.

"
Hey man,
Tried this build out with some changes according to gear. Is anyone using nonlegacy Kaoms and is able to run Atziri? Perhaps im just not playing well enough for that atm (build is still new to me)

Lvl 85 atm, running this setup:
Spoiler

I did not change any things about that skilltree and stuck to the nodes you took, but atziri is still hard as hell... Anybody got some advices on how to run her more safeley?

Thx,
MephistosRevenge

Take the Lightning Resistance node next to Diamond Skin. Use Frenzy to build and maintain charges for The Blood Dance. Skip Vulnerability - it isn't very good for this build. You want quality Elemental Weakness for offense or Temporal Chains/Enfeeble for defense (probably Temporal Chains). CwDT links are pretty terrible for Atziri.

"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Really the only use for Alphas is when you have a 21 PoF, otherwise you get no more max and lose HP. Don't bother using it without, especially as empower is stupid on auras. Note, this is my opinion, but without 21 gems, it makes about no difference.

This is the conclusion I made as well. Alpha's Howl is no longer very good for this build.

(That being said, it's irreplaceable for hybrid builds that look to use the Buff Effect nodes for a bigger spell damage bonus from Righteous Fire.)

Separately: Oro uses Divinarius for his Flameblast. The AoE does not affect RF if you snapshot without it.
Also, another turn-off is the fact that you'd want RRRR if you have a respectable amount of armour on your alphas, while RRRG is ok with less for grace. Too much work for not enough gain. Also, you don't need off color boots (if I remember right about what it was) as you can have RF in your carcass jack, saving bar space and slots in general. If you want to snapshot with kaoms (say, you're doing atziri with someone who can solo 2m add phase) you'd just need to get a piece of gear that would work, which can be problematic (boots optimally, due to snapshotting with boots with HP then). Kaoms snapshotting is worth it, if you don't need AoE, right?
That make sense?
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Also, another turn-off is the fact that you'd want RRRR if you have a respectable amount of armour on your alphas, while RRRG is ok with less for grace.

Grace probably grants more than Determination for most RF users.

"
PhysoniumI wrote:
That make sense?

By the way, snapshotting won't be a thing after 1.2.0. Mark_GGG spoke extensively about it in this thread.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on May 12, 2014, 3:49:22 PM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Also, another turn-off is the fact that you'd want RRRR if you have a respectable amount of armour on your alphas, while RRRG is ok with less for grace.

Grace probably grants more than Determination for most RF users.

"
PhysoniumI wrote:
That make sense?

By the way, snapshotting won't be a thing after 1.2.0. Mark_GGG spoke extensively about it in this thread.

Well, I´m wondering anyway if RF without Legacy Kaoms will stay a viable build if snapshotting will be prevented in future. Allready thinking about ways to maintain its Dmg after that. Not sure yet.
I don't think the issue is the armor. If we have to cast RF wearing carcass and keep wearing it while playing, or cast it with kaoms and keep wearing it, both are viable options.

The big issue is with the redbeak casting because that would be a massive loss in viability. In my opinion, not even worth playing. I don't get why off hand casting is a problem. What are off hand weapons for then if not for that? Surely they aren't there just to give us a way to level gems... Did anybody have a problem with casting battle orders with call to arms? No. So why this? Who cares, the build isn't that OP. There's plenty of maps it can't do and I still haven't killed Atziri.

If anything is removed from your character, the mods should be lost. If you're still wearing the items, even on your off hand, it's all good. IMO

edit* Yes, grace is miles better than determination, and i'll go as far as to say in any and all item combinations. Only if you don't have iron reflexes should determination ever be considered.
Last edited by VixTrader on May 13, 2014, 4:44:12 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
If anything is removed from your character, the mods should be lost. If you're still wearing the items, even on your off hand, it's all good. IMO

That would be a very elegant solution. However, no provisions have been made to such an end (and it's unlikely that they ever will, given the complexity of such a solution).

GGG feels that you shouldn't benefit from items that you do not have equipped. What you're referring to in Diablo is different, as casting Battly Orders required you to periodically switch back to Call to Arms to continue the effect. Here, Righteous Fire is cast once and lasts for an indefinite period of time - even if the items it was cast with are removed.

More importantly, the fix isn't aimed specifically at Righteous Fire users. Take a look at what people are doing to snapshot auras for Atziri or Uber Atziri fights - it's become ... prevalent, to put it gently. It has progressed to the point of snapshotting passive tree skills and respecing before playing. Really, it's an obscene abuse of an unintended consequence of game mechanics.

So, important takeaways are: (1) snapshotting in PoE is different than switch gear was in Diablo 2; (2) the fix is necessary; (3) this isn't to ruin RF users' day - snapshotting has gotten out of hand elsewhere.

Fortunately, Doryani's Catalyst exists, fire damage jewelry exists, and we don't know yet whether or not Righteous Fire will get a damage boost when the fix hits. Getting a Doryani's Catalyst and jewelry totaling +130% fire damage isn't terribly difficult, and compensates for the bulk of the damage lost from Redbeaks. Start saving up!
"
Really, it's an obscene abuse of an unintended consequence of game mechanics.

I agree with that 100%, the abuse has gotten to the point of insanity. People spending 10-20 regrets mid fight just so they can respec? Come on...

But I think a good solution and I hope one they consider is just giving RF a raw damage boost so it's comparable with what it is now. I mean without armor swapping, just redbeaks. If it's to that point, no harm no foul. I would have no problem at all playing with my Carcass Jack equipped all the time and just casting it with my main weapons. AS LONG as the damage is still viable in high level maps, I'm happy with that.

Because honestly, RF doesn't function well with any other secondary skills. It's too point intensive for that. If snapshotting is fixed with no changes to the base damage, RF will just go in the waste bin of skills that are "almost" good but now un-usable.
"
Really, it's an obscene abuse of an unintended consequence of game mechanics.

I agree with that 100%, the abuse has gotten to the point of insanity. People spending 10-20 regrets mid fight just so they can respec? Come on...

But I think a good solution and I hope one they consider is just giving RF a raw damage boost so it's comparable with what it is now. I mean without armor swapping, just redbeaks. If it's to that point, no harm no foul. I would have no problem at all playing with my Carcass Jack equipped all the time and just casting it with my main weapons. AS LONG as the damage is still viable in high level maps, I'm happy with that.

Because honestly, RF doesn't function well with any other secondary skills. It's too point intensive for that. If snapshotting is fixed with no changes to the base damage, RF will just go in the waste bin of skills that are "almost" good but now un-usable.

"
Fortunately, Doryani's Catalyst exists, fire damage jewelry exists

Neither of which help RF in any way as far as I'm aware...
what did you guys use to lvl? lv50 right now levelling with a single searing bond totem(no ansc. bond keystone) will switch to ST since searing bond is pretty boring

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info