Only 3 acts pretty small game

Hello everyone, my friend an i just bought the game an beat it in 2 days is there only going to be 3 acts an does anyone know if they are going to add more on release. I know they are planning on releasing it as a free game but only 3 acts is a very small game. Whats the point of playing it on Cruel or going any further other than gear an more level's.
"
Hello everyone, my friend an i just bought the game an beat it in 2 days is there only going to be 3 acts an does anyone know if they are going to add more on release. I know they are planning on releasing it as a free game but only 3 acts is a very small game. Whats the point of playing it on Cruel or going any further other than gear an more level's.

This is an ARPG... The whole point is loot and more levels.
Besides getting to a higher level and finding better gear, playing through all the difficulties is required if you want to do end-game maps or engage in high level PvP.
The developers plan on adding to the game for a long time, including new acts.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
GGG is planning to release 1 act every year I think.
:) =)
"
Meekrob3 wrote:
This is an ARPG... The whole point is loot and more levels.
„Never underestimate one's greediness.”
Act 3 is a larger act. ( Chris has said this a few times in interviews )
Also, as people have said, there is going to be more added on over time.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Pretty small company too.
What the hell are you expecting.

Blizzard probably had 100s of people to creat diabo 3 but it only had 4acts.
And had no PvP . Still no PvP.

This is 18 people company!
The map system makes the finite number of Acts irrelevant from the perspective there will always be a new place to go.

To be honest I am okay with the game so far because every area feels like a meaningful place to go. The size or number of areas has yet to bother me.
Diablo 2 launched with only 4 acts and it cost me $60. The 4th act was a lot shorter than the others too, because they ended up having to rush it a bit to have it finished.

Path of Exile will enter Open Beta with 3 acts and it costs nothing. They are also planning to add FREE acts to the game. I believe they have about a 10 year plan of what acts they plan to add to the game assuming the game is successful for that long.
Last edited by Axebane on Jan 11, 2013, 11:56:22 AM
"
Axebane wrote:
Diablo 2 launched with only 4 acts and it cost me $60. The 4th act was a lot shorter than the others too, because they ended up having to rush it a bit to have it finished.

Path of Exile will enter Open Beta with 3 acts and it costs nothing. They are also planning to add FREE acts to the game. I believe they have about a 10 year plan of what acts they plan to add to the game assuming the game is successful for that long.

Actually D2 at launch only had 3. The 4th was an expansion pack sold separately (until later when they started selling them all as a package).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info