The first game in a long time worth supporting

The irony of POE really amazes me. All of the Major game studios are releasing crap and charging big money, you then pay more to win. At the same time their product is below substandard. Review sites have become shills for said garbage. Grinding Gear shows up in a major act of integrity, professionalism and defiance. They produces POE. Thank you. 1've been gaming since Bards Tale and wasteland on the 64. In that time I have watched gaming reach a zenith and then sink to the state it is in today. POE is quality gaming. Its about the game and hopefully making decent living for game designers. Its not a thinly veiled money harvester. I do hope the Grinding Gears group can make a living. To that end I have upgraded my support level. While I am not in a position to upgrade to diamond I really feel that this POE is the pinnacle of gaming. I am not claiming that POE is the best game ever made. It may or may not be. I am saying that in 2013 This level of product commitment is unheard of.

Thanks again,
Joe
Last edited by BarneyRubble on Jan 17, 2013, 8:22:07 PM
great post OP. hear hear!
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
fully agree with op
"
BarneyRubble wrote:
The irony of POE really amazes me. All of the Major game studios are releasing crap and charging big money while turning to pay to win. At the same time their product is below substandard. Review sites have become shills for said garbage. Grinding Gear shows up in a major act of integrity, professionalism and defiance. They produces POE. Thank you. 1've been gaming since Bards Tale and wasteland on the 64. In that time I have watched gaming reach a zenith and then sink to the state it is in today. POE is quality gaming. Its about the game and hopefully making decent living for game designers. Its not a thinly veiled money harvester. I do hope the Grinding Gears group can make a living. To that end I have upgraded my support level. While I am not in a position to upgrade to diamond I really feel that this POE is the pinnacle of gaming. I am not claiming that POE is the best game ever made. It may or may not be. I am saying that in 2013 This level of product commitment is unheard of.

Thanks again,
Joe

+1 :)
I wholeheartedly sign this. POE is a glass of lemonade in a sea of stale bong water.
Last edited by BluntSlinger on Jan 11, 2013, 10:45:00 AM
I agree with OP completely. Good post!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this.
Amazing Post OP. I agree 100% and hope others will come to the same realization that we have.

thanks for that.
Yeah, somehow I'm still playing this beta of a game after more than 6 months, while I rarely play retail $60 games for more than 2 weeks... PoE is not perfect yet, but damn I've had more fun with this than any game in the last 10 years...

+2, for me and my kiwi
Last edited by Thalandor on Jan 11, 2013, 10:55:47 AM
"
BarneyRubble wrote:
The irony of POE really amazes me. All of the Major game studios are releasing crap and charging big money while you to then pay more to win. At the same time their product is below substandard. Review sites have become shills for said garbage. Grinding Gear shows up in a major act of integrity, professionalism and defiance. They produces POE. Thank you. 1've been gaming since Bards Tale and wasteland on the 64. In that time I have watched gaming reach a zenith and then sink to the state it is in today. POE is quality gaming. Its about the game and hopefully making decent living for game designers. Its not a thinly veiled money harvester. I do hope the Grinding Gears group can make a living. To that end I have upgraded my support level. While I am not in a position to upgrade to diamond I really feel that this POE is the pinnacle of gaming. I am not claiming that POE is the best game ever made. It may or may not be. I am saying that in 2013 This level of product commitment is unheard of.

Thanks again,
Joe

QFT!

The quality of this game, even though it is still in Beta, causes it to rise head and shoulder above all the rest that is released in the past couple of years. And the best part is, they don`t even need to beg us for money... we are throwing it at them.

There is no need for them to rush it and slap on the "Released" label just to make some money because with the support they are getting, they can afford to take their time. And we as a player base wont mind because this Beta already feels like a released game.

And we`re in for a treat because when this game finally gets released and end up being even better than it is now, we can say that we supported this great game!

Though, it saddens me that a company like GGG can create a true jewel like this while a multi billion dollar company (cough-Blizzard-cough) ends up with a game that doesn`t even come close to this.

Oh well... at least we have the game we all were looking for, and that is the only thing I care about.

So cheers to Grinding Gear Games for make us this awesome game!

-Dinovash
"
I wholeheartedly sign this. POE is a glass of lemonade in a sea of stale bong water.

Eloquently put. I just felt as many others that some support is due. I will upgrade further if possible. Looking forward to Jan 23.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info