Friend Keys

I have a friend that got a beta invite and he told me that the current beta testers would be receiving keys to pass along to friends. Since then I've sat here listening to awesome stories about the game...but no friend key.

Was he yanking my crank?

Currently they're giving away beta keys on a timer, so I would assume their intention isn't to flood the game with a bunch of new players. If you gave every beta tester one extra key to give away, you'd immediately double your players...so I can see why you wouldn't do that.

If he hadn't told me about the beta key, though, I wouldn't have started coming here every day and torturing myself...
"
Fenn wrote:
I have a friend that got a beta invite and he told me that the current beta testers would be receiving keys to pass along to friends. Since then I've sat here listening to awesome stories about the game...but no friend key.

Was he yanking my crank?

Currently they're giving away beta keys on a timer, so I would assume their intention isn't to flood the game with a bunch of new players. If you gave every beta tester one extra key to give away, you'd immediately double your players...so I can see why you wouldn't do that.

If he hadn't told me about the beta key, though, I wouldn't have started coming here every day and torturing myself...

As far as I know they don't just give out keys(maybe a random one here and there) but let you win them with contests and ladders in the game. I am probably off on this one but that's just what I am guessing from what I've seen.
-Intel Core i5 2500K
-ASUS Sabertooth P67
-MSI GeForce GTX 460 Fermi Cyclone OC 725MHZ 768MB x2
-Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2 4X2GB
-Kingston SSDNow V100 Series 64GB
-Antec Earthwatts 750W
I have herd of a few random keys that have been given out to beta players to pass along. Most are won through contests.
Your friend is correct, they originally had two timers. The random one that your still seeing now and a veteran timer which was removed a few days ago.

They decided to replace the vet timer with a friend invite scheme, so basically anyone currently in the beta could potentially get a key that they are then free to pass to anyone else.

It seems there are alot of these keys going out, 3 out of the 5 beta regulars on IRC have had one in the last 48 hours.
Last edited by Lonexs on Sep 7, 2011, 11:15:13 AM
Well, I hope he (and by extension myself) is one of the lucky ones.

I think it's a good scheme - someone that's already playing the beta is sure to pass it along to a friend who a) they think will play and b) will most likely play with them.
This is looking pretty grim...:(

I've been waiting to try the beta for a while now, checking my email at work, when I get home, in the morning before going to work...driving on my way to work and back!

...and yet, no beta key.
Ive been here for couple of days and i think i understand the situation pretty well. Majority of new beta keys are given to players who created their account on the site months ago. They have have never visited the site again nor posted anything. By doing that GrindingGearGames will keep people interested and excited, since new keys are constantly given out. The truth is they got enough beta testers and there is no need for more.

Go back to the roots and try your luck with Diablo 3...
i got 6 people in game been over a week not 1 of them have gotten any so tired of watching game play id much rather play with them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info