Crash at loading screen

About 20% of the time I go to another zone the game crashes during the loading screen, happens far more often in act 2 than act 1, but almost never when using waypoints. Its not the same error message all the time, for example

- RuntimeError!
Program: <POE location>
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

-Exception
"art/textures/Environment/etcetcetc
Processing file: "
Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: Ran out of memory

-Bad allocation.

I've tried reinstalling the game and also used the PackCheck. I'm running Windows 7 Servicepack 1 32 bit. ATI Radeon HD 5800, intel core i5 CPU 750, 4GB of RAM.

this is only guessing, but it can be 32bit windows which is causing this have seen it in other games aswell. 32bit windows have smaller memory space or something similar and makes "out of memory" error appear which is bit misleading since its nothing related to how much ram you have. someone who got more knowledge can explain that "memory space" thing all way around.

ps. u should upgrade to 64bit anyway since you got 4gb ram and 32bit only supports 3gb.
Well, I have no such problems in any other game (AC3/FC3/dota2), its just this game...

Anyone else has an idea? Game is pretty much unplayable at the moment.
This problem is typical for 4 GB RAM users. Try this:
"
If you're frequently getting a "E_OUTOFMEMORY" or "Unable to Map File" error when changing areas, try turning Texture Quality down, or put -gc 2 at the end of your Path of Exile shortcut (Open the shortcut properties, and add a { -gc 2} after the last quotation mark). If this still doesn't help, try -gc 1. Doing this will increase load times between areas you have visited, and similar areas.

What is size of virtual memory (initial(min) and max) on your machine? You can see it through this steps:
1. Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
2. In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then, Virtual memory
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Jan 11, 2013, 1:47:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply, I turned the texture quality setting down, if the game keeps crashing I'll try the second option.

Translated from dutch:
Minimum allowed: 16MB
Recommended: 5362MB
Currently: 3575
If the game will still crash after you try the second option try to set the initial amount of virtual memory to 2048 mb and maximum also to 2048 mb. Or even 1024 to 1024.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Jan 11, 2013, 4:48:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info