Storm Call is awesome.

storm call is the tits.
"
JaqenHghar wrote:
"
"
paleface wrote:
storm call is pretty bad compared to spectral throw. aiming on moving targets is hard and the overall dmg kinda sucks. and why do you want to use faster casting? cast time is pretty fast. reduced duration makes more sense i guess, so that the delay is shorter

Aiming a 1.5s delay skill in a game where 90% of mobs move slower than snails is too hard for this guy.

Says the guy who never did a map or finished cruel.

Yeah, I obviously got a bunch of toons to Lvl 70-80+ in normal mode. :3
They should make a baby league for people like you and the other guy quoted, where all skills cost 1 mana and can be cast 30 times in 1 sec because strm col is 2 hurd. ;)
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Nov 30, 2013, 12:32:30 PM
I leveled the skill to 15/20%.

Skill does less damage than shock nova. Also even with reduced duration maxed, the delay is still too slow to hit fast moving targets. This paired with the fact that you cannot target an enemy with it makes the combat pretty slow. At higher levels the mana cost is pretty high too, considering you cast usually 3-4 per sec at a cost of 75+ mana per cast. You need a really big mana pool for this spell.

Another weak skill in my opinion. Instead please buff fireball, arc, shock nova. They are all better skills.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Nov 30, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
Mandatory Reduced Effect to use properly. I find that skill pretty lacking.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
h3rp3s wrote:
I leveled the skill to 15/20%.

Skill does less damage than shock nova. Also even with reduced duration maxed, the delay is still too slow to hit fast moving targets. This paired with the fact that you cannot target an enemy with it makes the combat pretty slow. At higher levels the mana cost is pretty high too, considering you cast usually 3-4 per sec at a cost of 75+ mana per cast. You need a really big mana pool for this spell.

Another weak skill in my opinion. Instead please buff fireball, arc, shock nova. They are all better skills.

maybe you should slow the targets first then? temp chains? ice nova? cold snap? added cold damage?
"
Rydis1 wrote:

maybe you should slow the targets first then? temp chains? ice nova? cold snap? added cold damage?

Yeah or i brute force my way with an actual fast hitting skill and by the time your SC hits im at the next pack.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Nov 30, 2013, 12:49:16 PM
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Rydis1 wrote:

Yeah or i brute force my way with an actual fast hitting skill and by the time your SC hits im at the next pack.

So you believe that every skill in the game should be a mindless faceroll or not be in the game? If you have to put in more thought than spamming right click on a pack?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I love Storm Call!

I use it as my curse on hit spell instead of the shock nova that a nameless streamer uses in his burning discharge build.

The crit chance on quality means I end up getting a fair bit of shock action going on, and the fact that it hits multiple times per "cast" means that I get far superior curse application over shock nova. And I also don't have to worry about the annoying dead zone of shock nova, so I can easily reapply curses on fast moving mobs without having to run around battling desync.
Last edited by Morbyn on Nov 30, 2013, 1:12:15 PM
Eh, I might as well have an opinion of Storm Call without using it like other people...

I would like it as a shock stacking skill, where you increase your cast speed fast enough that you can cast at least 3 targets before they are called down when supported by Reduced Duration. This also decreases the duration of the shock effect so you'd want a Thunderfist. I thought about Storm Call for a double Cold Snap trap Taryn's Shiver build in mind, should be pretty good where Storm Call would finish off frozen enemies and worry less about them speeding away from your target points plus extra damage from being frozen.
does it not work with cast on crit support?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info