New to PoE, already in love with the community

I've recently come across this game from the D3 forums, and I have to say this game looks amazing and I can't wait to get into it (installing right now). Also, super stoked for OB to start!

What really is amazing to me is how the communitiy as a whole is mostly positive and constructive. I've only skimmed throught the 1st page of general so far, which is already a vast improvement over other game forums I peruse through on a daily basis.

What I'm really trying to say is, thank you GGG for working on this amazing game for 6 years, and thank you fellow Exiles for being so awesome.
RIP count: sideways 8
Welcome to the Community :) Always good to see another immigrant from D3 :P
Feels like finding the Promised Land.
Welcome welcome and dont let the ingame trolls scare you off ;) just dont feed them hehe!
enjoy the great game and the amazing community
-Martin
It makes me grin to hear that you saw this on the D3 forums. Multitudes of people have posted there about Path of Exile, and it seems that many of those threads get immediately deleted and the poster banned from the forums.

Obviously the censors at Blizzard won't catch everything, but its nice to hear the message is still being sent.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Let it be known that Blizzard bans for damn near anything they see as negative.

<<-- Banned for "$5"

Thats right - that was the entirety of the post that got one of my accounts a ban.

What a regime.

Anyways , i generally try to avoid the whole Blizzard / D3 talk, as its been long enough, but every now and than i just cant help myself. Was a huge huge HUGE fan of blizz for overa decade, and i know , maybe its silly, to be that attached to a game / franchise, but i sure was, and, i was SURE disappointed big time with this latest sham of a Diablo game.

Nough said. Welcome aboard.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Jan 10, 2013, 1:39:31 PM
welcome rek, like others have said don't feed the trolls in game. We have recently been getting a lot of new people which makes global chat bad at times :(. I am sure its only gonna get worse(jan 23rd) before it gets better, so just stick with it and enjoy the game.
Thank you all for the warm welcomes :) Feels good to be a part of what I think is the future of ARPGs and be surrounded by others (virtually) that are equally excited.
"
JoannaDark wrote:

<<-- Banned for "$5"

Thats right - that was the entirety of the post that got one of my accounts a ban.

What a regime.

Anyways , i generally try to avoid the whole Blizzard / D3 talk, as its been long enough, but every now and than i just cant help myself. Was a huge huge HUGE fan of blizz for overa decade, and i know , maybe its silly, to be that attached to a game / franchise, but i sure was, and, i was SURE disappointed big time with this latest sham of a Diablo game.

ha for you got banned for spam right heres a little context for those who dont know what this is about.

the $5 dollar thing was a meme that started after a someone said blizzard was paying people 5 bucks for every positive post about the game. Of course the trolls started spamming that after every single positive remark about the game for months so no, your not the innocent person your pretending to be.
"
derbefrier wrote:
"
JoannaDark wrote:

<<-- Banned for "$5"

What a regime.

ha for you got banned for spam right heres a little context for those who dont know what this is about.

the $5 dollar thing was a meme that started after a someone said blizzard was paying people 5 bucks for every positive post about the game. Of course the trolls started spamming that after every single positive remark about the game for months so no, your not the innocent person your pretending to be.

Funny , my post history shows not much aside from being pretty pleasant all around , and calling horseshit when i see it.

Wheres all the bans for "U Mad Bro", "Do you Lift", etc etc.

You can stuff it. The facts is , thats not a bannable offense (actually - according to Blizz - it must be). One time post in a thread is not spam. Sorry, disagree. Bottom line , Blizz dont want negative comments on their oh so precious boards.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Jan 10, 2013, 2:09:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info