Does Diamond Flask affect Spell totem?

If i put down Ice Spear Totem and activate Diamond Flask....does it grant crit to my totem attack spell?
Thanks
Strange, Ages did not change this Place
No, the flask affect just applies to you neither to totems nor minions.
"
No, the flask affect just applies to you neither to totems nor minions.

I think its only partrially truth.

Totems are created with stats of the caster so if you drink Diamond Flask and you'll cast a totem later it will have 100% crit chance for the flask duration (because you=caster have 100% crit chance when you cast a spell totem).

But if you cast a totem and then drink a Diamond Flask totem will not get 100% crit chance because flask affects only you (player/caster).

Correct me if im wrong but its logical explanation based on 'spell totems take caster stats when they are created". I read this somewhere i think.
I'm pretty sure it does.

I run a crit flask on my spork totem templar and you can here the sparks crit like mad when you pop the flask. You can put down the totems before hand and then pop it in a huge pack of mobs and watch them all die instantly.

Edit - Just tested it again with totems, it definitely does work.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Last edited by Isindel on Jan 10, 2013, 9:53:41 AM
Thanks for testing it. So it doesn't matter if I pop it before or after I lay down my totem,right?
Strange, Ages did not change this Place
Well guess i was wrong there, sorry :/
"
Well guess i was wrong there, sorry :/

I think totems uses your stats for their attack/spell, so when you have 100% crit chance the totem has it as well (or in other words as i remeber the devs described it - the totem casts his skill the same as you would cast it, so it get all passive etc. benefits you have at the time)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Clark wrote:
Thanks for testing it. So it doesn't matter if I pop it before or after I lay down my totem,right?

Yes it matters, you have to cast the totem first, then when you use the flask during the 1.5seconds your totems will have 100% crit chance.
Totems use your current stats. There are a few ways to min-max this depending on build, but none are that important. Diamond flask is the most obvious way, because it's going to be far more beneficial to drop two totems, spam a spell, and then jam a diamond flask to get maximum efficiency out of it. It's also not really necessary to do this currently, but maybe it will be in the future. Who knows.
yes it works I tested this other day, I think its a little OP but this is a ARPG so thats not a big deal to me at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info