1.0.2 Deployment Timeline

"
EchoMending wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:
So glad Chris could find it in his heart to take 5 seconds out of his day to write that down.

Looks like the patch might just in time to make Friday US time after all then. Not exactly a safe margin, but not like anyone was still expecting any sort of professionalism after the party debacle from yesterday, of course.

What was the party debacle? That we didn't cancel our annual Christmas party that occured after hours? I had no idea that people were angry at lack of communication because I was still working to our deployment timeline that we mentioned yesterday (i.e. during our Friday workday).

I'm sorry for the angry tone but I haven't had a lot of sleep this week making sure that this patch is awesome :)

It's irrelevant whether or not the party actually caused the delay or not — delaying a product launch and then posting pics of a party in progress will always result in giving off a bad message to many people.

That's why it's unprofessional.

+1
Thanks for the info about the patch and for not releasing it unpolished despite some players eagerness.

If there weren't any announcement about the delay it seems obvious they were working to release it as soon and as safely as possible.

And that Wraeclast launch program teaser is interesting.

Cheers!
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:
So glad Chris could find it in his heart to take 5 seconds out of his day to write that down.

Looks like the patch might just in time to make Friday US time after all then. Not exactly a safe margin, but not like anyone was still expecting any sort of professionalism after the party debacle from yesterday, of course.

What was the party debacle? That we didn't cancel our annual Christmas party that occured after hours? I had no idea that people were angry at lack of communication because I was still working to our deployment timeline that we mentioned yesterday (i.e. during our Friday workday).

I'm sorry for the angry tone but I haven't had a lot of sleep this week making sure that this patch is awesome :)

It's irrelevant whether or not the party actually caused the delay or not — delaying a product launch and then posting pics of a party in progress will always result in giving off a bad message to many people.

EchoMending, master of professionalism.
"
EchoMending wrote:

While your first statement might be true due to some people's inability to look past themselves and their own pettiness, your last statement suggests that you have no clue what professionalism is.
"
Alec554 wrote:
So many people are complaining about the patch being delayed.... 1) its 1-2 days your life will not end. 2) would you want the patch to come out and your main character die? didn't think so. 3) Your money is hard at work, if you didn't support them the patch would of been delayed a week not a day.

This. Some of you are so amazingly angry over delays that have given you a better quality of play when the patch drops. To the people that are seething with rage over the party they had; you genuinely need some life experience. A work Christmas Party AFTER HOURS is more common business practice than some things that SHOULD be common business practice, like performance or pay reviews for example. You seriously need to step back and wash off the reeking load of entitlement you’ve covered yourself in, and you might also want to re-think the practical definition of “unprofessional”.

Furthermore, it would help A LOT of people to go and find an NZ Clock (You know what, I’ll do that for you seeing as it must be WAY too hard http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=22) and oh would you look at that, still well within the time period from the second post.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Can someone pass me whatever everyone else is having in this thread?
Seems like some pretty powerful stuff.
"
Unknown_User wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:

While your first statement might be true due to some people's inability to look past themselves and their own pettiness, your last statement suggests that you have no clue what professionalism is.

Professionalism is, among many other things, realising that you cannot delay a product launch while posting pics of the team participating in a party. This isn't rocket science, really.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
if youre complaining about a 1-2 day delay of a patch to a f2p game...its time to walk away from the pc for a bit...just walk away.
"
Kolvacs wrote:
Can someone pass me whatever everyone else is having in this thread?
Seems like some pretty powerful stuff.

i once yolo smoked a cigarr
"
Mudfall wrote:
dont think thats why the majority of the ppl is angry at. its the lack of communication. patch should have been out 2 days ago and we had 1 post since then saying they have problems.
Chris posted yesterday (the OP of this thread) saying the patch would be deployed today (Friday) NZ time. This is still true and we're still on track for that release - I don't see how not posting since to say the same thing is a "lack of communication", since it's still true. Is there really that much to be gained from us stopping to say "the patch is still coming when we said it would"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info