1.0.2 Deployment Timeline

Let me ask which is worse for their integrity;

Releasing a broken patch on time which results in HC/Nem deaths and subsequent revivals.
or
Releasing a clean patch that is slightly delayed, yet still within the timeframe given.

Last I checked, it's not even 5pm in NZ yet, so it still classifies as their workday(I'd argue that is a better time check than when it ticks to 00:01 Friday morn in the U.S.) so at least wait 'til 6PM+ before you grab your pitchforks and start the complaints.
"
Chris wrote:
"
niocross wrote:
i really could care less if they want to delay the patch another day, but how is it hard to take literally 30 seconds out of your day to say we are having problems releasing the patch.

There are no problems - it's still building and will be ready for deployment soon.

Great news!
Haven't checked in a very long time, they ever fix the desync problem?
So glad Chris could find it in his heart to take 5 seconds out of his day to write that down.

Looks like the patch might just in time to make Friday US time after all then. Not exactly a safe margin, but not like anyone was still expecting any sort of professionalism after the party debacle from yesterday, of course.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
"
EchoMending wrote:
So glad Chris could find it in his heart to take 5 seconds out of his day to write that down.

Looks like the patch might just in time to make Friday US time after all then. Not exactly a safe margin, but not like anyone was still expecting any sort of professionalism after the party debacle from yesterday, of course.

#1 post on this whole forum
"
My money at work for this display of unprofessionalism.

:c I kinda almost agree
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee
"
EchoMending wrote:

What was the party debacle? That we didn't cancel our annual Christmas party that occured after hours? I had no idea that people were angry at lack of communication because I was still working to our deployment timeline that we mentioned yesterday (i.e. during our Friday workday).

I'm sorry for the angry tone but I haven't had a lot of sleep this week making sure that this patch is awesome :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 28, 2013, 10:22:35 PM
"
EchoMending wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh my GOD I am so glad I tuned it from work to check out this thread. Bahahahaha!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
I find it funny seeing just how many people think having an office party is "unprofessional". You all do realize that there are tons of companies out there that have them(yes this does include large companies).
So many people are complaining about the patch being delayed.... 1) its 1-2 days your life will not end. 2) would you want the patch to come out and your main character die? didn't think so. 3) Your money is hard at work, if you didn't support them the patch would of been delayed a week not a day.
IGN : BondingAndSearing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info