Krip LS ranger <-

"
Krippers wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAecFLQaiBu4ILg6tEPAUIBR1F9wY2xmOG6ohYCP2J9UotSmlMbAyCTQ1NYY1kjboOlI6cTqzQKBDnEp9TshQR1YEVvpaSFuvYEtgiGFSYxdjp2egbUp0QXTtdPF673z1gTqGYId2iO2KIpAKl3CbjZ2qnrmj56TCpzCvornNwKbA88EHwdjEWMv1037UUtd-3Q3dRt-_5w_tg-4O707v8Pe-_E78xQ==
You can save 1 point. The dex node below Might / Savant is not needed.
"
Aelund wrote:
"
heatzz wrote:

You definitely need some knowledge of mobs know what mobs you can rush in what not to as you saw how easily to die even as a veteran like Krip.

Life & Resist as priority on Mods.

Life & Resist as a def mods, so what should i take on weapons for damage? Knowledge of mobs I think i will gain through a lot of death, lol(I'm playing on SC while I'm learning things about the game + when I've tried HC i got a lot of dsyncing for some reason and as a result died to Hailrake :D). By watching Kripp's stream I see that all is based around your resists, but that's quite obvious, i already discovered that after a few hours of playing :D Sadly, i can't watch Kripp's stream a lot to learn, when he starts stream it's around 5 am for me lol.

For most of Kripps builds one of the big things to look for on your weapons (and rings/amulet/gloves) is elemental damage. Other than that increased physical damage % though that can be hard to find sometimes in my experience. Using increased ele damage support, you would be suprised just how much dps even seemingly low +elemental damage on weapons adds. Other than that you can keep about whatever else shows up.

One thing to keep in mind. Kripp has some pretty good gear for this build. Early levels he had a few good uniques. The build in general will be alot harder to keep alive for most of us unless its something you try after saving the gear for it. An HP based character, in paticualr a melee character is by far the hardest of the playstles to survive with imo.
"
takeme wrote:
No way you will have close to enough mana to spam skills with that few points into mana regen and you will have to use even more mana with DW compared to 2 handed.

Stun will also kill you unless you use item with immune to stun

I don't know honestly. With 174 natural int you will have quite a lot of mana. I do know that when damage and mana cost get astronomical trying to fix things with passives isn't effective.

A mana leech gem is going to do far more than any passive regeneration.
Last edited by TheAmaranthine on Jan 11, 2013, 2:05:51 AM
"
Pwere wrote:
No offense, but your build isn't optimal for the skills used. For example, you could get Mana Drinker for free, and you need it. Stun/freezes will destroy you, and your damage is lower, not to mention your lack of accuracy and Strength. Kripp uses instant Life Flasks to get out of tricky situations, and he spends/reserves more mana than you can hope to regen/steal.

Why even limit yourself with swords if you get so few nodes in them? You'd do much better as a Shadow. I might as well post it:

I can't imagine dropping Dervish on a DW build. 8% block cost 4 passive points in other places. 10% damage cost more than a point typically. Same thing with Blade Master. 15% damage is equivalent to two of the 8% damage nodes, and 8% attack speed is equivalent to 2 of the 4% attack speed nodes. In effect these two passives cost two points but grant the equivalent of nearly 9 passive points when allocated normally. Diamond Skin is worth 2 of the +8% rewards. A frenzy Charge gives more attack speed than an attack speed node, allows for more sexy flicker spam, and even grants evasion. Ice bite buffs your damage from Wrath by 30%, one of the most common physical damage aura's in the game. Leather and Steel boost your Grace Aura and Granite flask by the highest amount of any single passive in the game. These are not optional skills. They are core if you are going DW, and they just happen to be surrounded by sword passives, one of which is nearly the most powerful damage node in the game.

Stun/Freeze are based on total HP, and have half effectiveness against ES. So a 10k+ ES pool will help prevent stun effects, while providing massive HP, and allowing you to still use evasion, unlike Unwavering Stance which simply provides a bonus available on several items (this was explained in my initial post).

I'm not sure what is meant by the "he spends/reserves more mana than you can hope to regen/steal." In Week 14, Invalesco shows that a Mana Leech support gem easily fuels Lightning Strike.

Finally, yes a shadow could do something very similar:

Last edited by TheAmaranthine on Jan 11, 2013, 5:42:08 AM
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
How much are the HP nodes important with a bow ranger to survive in HC?

This one is more melee, so it makes sense to take HP nodes, but I'm not sure what the situation for ranged ones regarding this.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jan 11, 2013, 2:09:16 PM
"

.... Just type Dual Wield into the search bar, the two godly Dual Wield passives are right here ...

wow wow wow .. there is a search function on the passive tree?? .. didn't knew that :D

what exactly should someone starting from scratch with a build such as this do for weapons,skills,armor since LS isn't a choice early on im thinking cleave, ...., something
How does he deals with lightning resistence mobs?
"
Krippers wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAecFLQaiBu4ILg6tEPAUIBR1F9wY2xmOG6ohYCP2J9UotSmlMbAyCTQ1NYY1kjboOlI6cTqzQKBDnEp9TshQR1YEVvpaSFuvYEtgiGFSYxdjp2egbUp0QXTtdPF673z1gTqGYId2iO2KIpAKl3CbjZ2qnrmj56TCpzCvornNwKbA88EHwdjEWMv1037UUtd-3Q3dRt-_5w_tg-4O707v8Pe-_E78xQ==

LS + Melee Phys + Weapon Ele + Crit Dmg (+Faster Attack @5Link)

LS + Weapon Ele + Chain + Faster Attack + Life Leach

Leap Slam + Faster Attack

Fairgraives Tricorne seems almost a must if youre going to play recklessly.

Also, I thought it over with suggestions from some of my friends and the build would indeed be more powerful with a 1handed sword+shield.

Which bandit did you decide to side with?
More HP? Or Resists?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info