Minimum level for instance In races

I think it would be really nice to have some races (not all) that have a ''minimum'' level to enter the next instance.

So this way people would actually clear areas instead of A1 rush to ledge, a2 rush to fellshire repeat to win. It would be more of a race consireding that usually in races you are penalized or disqualidied if you take shortcuts(abuse).

Sure as i said rush race would still be there called Sprint races and no-rush races would be a mixt of endurence and fence race...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
0 reply 25 views.. my record
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
rushing is the fastest way to level, if you were forced to clear every area races would be slow and less fun :)
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
"
demondied1 wrote:
rushing is the fastest way to level, if you were forced to clear every area races would be slow and less fun :)

Oh i see then why do we have quests, and other areas... lets just all spawn in a field with respawning monsters and kill them non stop,
"
Its faster and more fun
-demonied1
the whole point of the race is to see who is the fastest and most efficient at progressing through the areas that dont yield much xp. if everyone was forced to level in each area the races would be a lot slower and less exciting.
the reason for having all the other areas is to let people play how they want. theres nothing forcing you to rush to western forest, but people know thats the best place to level. plus like i said before having to kill the bosses as fast as possible makes tye races more exciting.
There is a level requirement already.

It is implicitly introduced by xp penalty. The thing is, say, you want to go to Western Forest. You will need to be level 17 to have no xp penalty. If you are level 16, you will only have a slight xp penalty. Since xp scales exponentially, that xp penalty does not matter.

If you are level 15, xp penalty will severe. Going to Western Forest and being level 15 for a long time would cripple you for the race.
#1 Templar Closed Beta HC Ladder (lvl 83)
"
SAKUJ0 wrote:
There is a level requirement already.

It is implicitly introduced by xp penalty. The thing is, say, you want to go to Western Forest. You will need to be level 17 to have no xp penalty. If you are level 16, you will only have a slight xp penalty. Since xp scales exponentially, that xp penalty does not matter.

If you are level 15, xp penalty will severe. Going to Western Forest and being level 15 for a long time would cripple you for the race.

This.

ou want to advance fast, but if possible never more than 3 levels under the monster lvl IIRC.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
zmurf wrote:
the whole point of the race is to see who is the fastest and most efficient at progressing through the areas that dont yield much xp. if everyone was forced to level in each area the races would be a lot slower and less exciting.

Since when a race is only set has a sprint... why cant the race be the one that managed to kill a majority of monsters in every areas so he can progress to next area and have a higher leveling ability.

take the race as a tournament. Area 1 is race1, area2 race 2 etc. so the winner of the race is the final 10 are the ones that competed in the less races. Its antilogic to all competition standards. it like seeing final 3 in 100m sprint didnt do any qualification and win medal because they were the first to go to the starting line while other were doing the qualifications

Im not saying kill the Sprint race. im just saying that what i propose would be a nice new form of race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info