Point Blank and Chain

Does PB come into effect when a skill like lightning arrow chains? or is it just distance from character?
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
I believe that the calculation of PB on chain is based on the distance between the monster that "threw" the reflected projectile and the monster hit by it. I'm not 100% sure tho.
Each projectile gets its Point Blank effect from where it was shot. When a projectile chains or forks, it creates new projectile(s) from the point where the previous projectile hit. So, when they chain or fork, Point Blank will calculate the distance from the hit point of the previous projectile and apply its effect to the base damage of the new projectile.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
Each projectile gets its Point Blank effect from where it was shot. When a projectile chains or forks, it creates new projectile(s) from the point where the previous projectile hit. So, when they chain or fork, Point Blank will calculate the distance from the hit point of the previous projectile and apply its effect to the base damage of the new projectile.

Ok perfect, thanks.
Not that while this is currently true, it's going to change when we get around to fixing this. chaining is intended to to as much as possible treat the new projectile as the same as the old one, just continuing in a different direction, even though mechanically it has to be new projectile.
Hmmm, interesting. So, from what I understand, the ideal interaction between Point Blank and Chain/Fork would be to calculate each projectile's damage by either a) measuring the distance from where one hits to the location of the character when it shot the initial projectile and calculating the Point Blank effect with it or b) adding the total linear distance traveled by the projectile chain and calculating the Point Blank effect with it?

Edit: Added b) because it seems to make more sense with what you said.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jan 8, 2013, 6:26:51 PM
I really hope it's A
"
iao wrote:
Hmmm, interesting. So, from what I understand, the ideal interaction between Point Blank and Chain/Fork would be to calculate each projectile's damage by either a) measuring the distance from where one hits to the location of the character when it shot the initial projectile and calculating the Point Blank effect with it or b) adding the total linear distance traveled by the projectile chain and calculating the Point Blank effect with it?
The ideal interaction is to calculate the distance to the initial target, just how Point Blank currently works, and then reducing the chain damage according to the intial hit. Meaning.. if we use this gem as an example:
Unavailable

..the 3rd target in the chain, regardless of the distance from the character, takes 40% less damage than the inital target.

Otherwise, with your option B, it's possible that the last target in the chain could end up taking no damage whatsoever. Although.. maybe that's intended.. *shrug*

I think that's what's supposed to happen.

Last edited by FaceLicker on Jan 8, 2013, 8:35:28 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I was theorizing a few weeks ago and came up with an idea* somewhat similar to that and agree it would be a good implementation, but it seems, from what Mark described, the team thinks differently.

I fear that if either of the interpreted changes I detailed are made, it might make Point Blank + Chain/Fork pointless damage-wise, especially for Chain if it is also to be changed soon. However, I do think they fit the concept of Point Blank closest.

*If the effect from Point Blank applied to the initial projectile is a reduction, it is also applied to the base damage of subsequent projectiles generated by chaining/forking. The Point Blank calculation would still apply to those projectiles as they do now, just to their new base damages.
same name in-game
Hi there,

I would like to know what is the current state of the point blank/chain interaction? Does it change since the post of Mark_GGG? If not, is it still planned?

Thx,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info