Health And Safety At Work

I had heard about the 'Nanny' Culture being around for years in England but wasn't bothered as it got the bloody smokers out into the freezing cold. However it's now arrived on my doorstep. I was informed I 'MUST' leave my light on above my desk because someone from Health And Shitty used a light measuring device and found the light levels were DANGEROUSLY below the National Standard in which someone could fall over and kill a group of children and kittens. And quite possibly puppies too.

I of course have declared war on this fact seeing as I have functioned in a slightly low light level desk area just fine and no deaths have been reported in my area of 'responsibility'. The lights being put on full blast now makes every day at work feel like I'm being examined by the dentist and aliens too. Ironically this has caused me headaches for the first time in 5 years, which isn't dangerous btw. I have escalated the matter and declared myself a CEO of the following faction at work;

OFFICE SHADOW VAMPIRES FTW!

Random Rant over.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Welcome to the new(ish) world. Imagine running a company that needs to meet all such standards and requirements. I had people from inspection suggesting me to literally cut corners of the desks because "they're pointy and someone might get hurt". Thankfully they felt really stupid that they had to suggest that and gave up in 30 seconds. Office space is one thing but what in broad term is known as production space is a whole new world of wrong. If you put ANYTHING 2 meters above ground you are in theory required to wear a helmet in that area even if it's a teddy bear. I could go on with this forever as a certified and designated health and safety supervisor (inhouse, not external). You leave that screwdriver wher it doesn't belong and all baby pandas die around the globe...
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
To add on top to of that, I got an email from Security demanding that I remove the biscuit tins from the window sill as it hinders security sweeps and general maintenance.

Hence I bought 3 pints of beer after work.

EDIT: As a member of the Cabel, couldn't you just make them disappear?
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Last edited by Hyaon on Nov 27, 2013, 11:17:54 AM
Cabal, not Cabel lol. Health safety is like chaos, you can combat it but eventually you will fail.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info