(Requires Feedback) First Build Ever: 1H LS Scion

A few things:
- This is themed to a Scion using lightning skills w/ 1H Sword+Shield only
- Lightning Strike, Tempest Shield, and Wrath will be used to take advantage of shock stacking

I do have a few issues here.
1. Shock application. On a Scion start, is it better to run to Static Blows, or stack crit on 1H? It's probably the worst weapon type to crit with, so I'm assuming I have to go Static Blows.

2. As a melee character that I'd like to take to HC, are there any survivability thresholds I must consider i.e. minimum % life?

3. Without Alpha's Howl, can I support Wrath+Tempest+Discipline+Reduced Mana AND an unreduced Clarity? If not, I should be able to drop Wrath.

4. Heavy Strike vs. Double Strike. Which one requires less supports for single target DPS? Do I even need a separate single-target skill with LS?

Anywho, here's the build. It's definitely going to look terrible as this is the first ever build I had ever made, and while it's fun to play other peoples' builds, I really think I should start learning to make my own.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAP0EswUtDPcUsBUgFm8XLxdQGNsaOBvIHRQoxSmlKk0s6TGeMgkyiTWSOuE8LT8nQKBBh0MxSn1KyEwtTDVN404qU99VxlXWV-JY21pSW69eE2BLZOdmnmegZ71sRm5pbqpybHTtdPF35Xrvfll_xoCkgh6E2YTvhTKHdo9GkFWbXZuDm6GeuaIAoqOmV6cIp4SomqlurJisr69stfK2Qbc-vqfAGsHzw4bEuMWKxq7PZdDQ1fja3dsL3Q3nkenV7Djub_Af8kXyl_O-9On31_no-tL8xf4K_o8=

GOALS
- 200% life until someone says this is insufficient for HC
- Tons of mana regen to support max level Arctic Armor
- 20%+ block to proc Tempest Shield as often as possible
- Proc Shock as much as possible

PLANNED LINKS
6L: Lightning Strike--Lesser Multiple Projectiles--Life Leech--Multistrike--Weapon Elemental Damage--Faster Attacks
4L: Shield Charge--Melee Splash--Added Lightning Damage--Endurance Charge on Stun
4L: Reduced Mana--Tempest Shield--Wrath/Clarity--Discipline
4L: Faster Casting--Decoy/Devouring Totem--Enfeeble/Conductivity--Increased Area of Effect
3L: Cast When Damage Taken--Enduring Cry--Molten Shield
3L: unsure
hiho.. first of all no secondary skill needed if LS is high dps..

-u dondt need LMP.. waste of a socket..
-bringer of rain is the best LS thing i can imagine..
.im running BM passiv on my duelist.. and no aura. but 24k dps tooltip + point blank + iron grip passivs.. both very highly recommended
- go for sword or axe and stack damage nodes..
-static blow is a must.. i have resolute technic and shit on crit

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzDjwQ8BK8FHEXHRc-GjIaOBv6HRQl3ydPKMUppTIJMn4yiTOWNug26TiWOlI6s0GMQapHfkp9TDVOKlFgU99Vxlb6V-JYr1jbWfNbr2UvZU1mnmegZ71qk2xGbmlwfXJscqlzP3RBd-V4DXzZgFaE2Yd2jX6PRpBVmy2bg5uhogCkGaTCp4SpbqmVq8Wsqqyvr6K0-bZBtxe3tr6KvqfAD8Aaw4bNmM9l0NDRNtJN1e3dDd-_42rnkew47m_wH_GK8773Mvjr-tL8xQ==

can be easily made with scion too..

u have some nice speed nodes and i would go down duelist via the 18% resistance nodes..

-im using 73/70 block and a rathpith shield and rainbowstrides + the spellblock 12% nide near the static blow..
-use as many strength nodes on your way

i can easily do 77 maps with my high block and 13% lifeleech (carnage heart)

ok i have a 352dps sword wich helps a lot..

a lil cwdt on my boots with shocknova and enduring cry and elemental proliberation..

=> lightning death!! ;) and very high survivability

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info