Regen, viper strike build

So I have a character that is sitting at over 500 hp/sec that i originally wanted to play viper strike/poison arrow with.

What I have in mind will require some minor respeccing but I basically can go two directions with it. I can take a few points out and work towards EB and then pick up mind over matter, or I can pick up more life regen and life.

Not sure how to run viper strike, in a plus 2 melee skills shield or sword with splash and either faster attacks or multistrike, whichever gives charges faster and doesn't modify the dot down, which ms might do. Or I could pick up a 5L chest and run more gems with it.

I really don't see much that will boost the damage of viper unless you run shavs, and two redbeaks, but there is no way I can obtain a shavs on nemesis.

So I'm looking at ideas how to take care of this. I don't think I need increased buff/debuff duration, but it would be nice. But some extra damage somehow would be nice.

The option of PA is still there, but it doesn't sound as appealing to me, would be picking up projectile nodes that I am already close to and running it on concentrated effect and a few other modifiers, but it will be really hard to spread poison without shooting many single shots around, sounds bothersome compared to how PA was before.

I would also like a better radius for viper splash to make it worthwhile, but not sure how to accomplish this.

I think I could get close to 1k life per second with one build route and being mid 80s, I'm thinking splitting it up with eb and mind over matter won't be able to be superior although running artic armor would be possible, although I think the artic armor would be nicer as the PA user rather than the viper strike guy.
Both splash and MS will affect the DoT, as far as I can tell. And then there's the stack cap to think about...I'd go with splash but not multi.

Pierce on PA, just a thought. It's, as far as I know, the only "multiprojectile" effect which doesn't lower damage.

By radius, do you mean Increased AoE or is there something else I'm missing?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
Both splash and MS will affect the DoT, as far as I can tell. And then there's the stack cap to think about...I'd go with splash but not multi.

Pierce on PA, just a thought. It's, as far as I know, the only "multiprojectile" effect which doesn't lower damage.

By radius, do you mean Increased AoE or is there something else I'm missing?

Yeah because I was messing around with splash yesterday and I didn't like how many targets i was hitting. So I was thinking in my 1 hand weapon, viper, splash, and FA. But if I had a 5L maybe adding in increased area of effect and 1 other? I dunno I used to run viper with FA and increased duration.

I'm just wondering if viper can work as an all around single and multi target skill. i could augment with bear trap or something else for single target damage I don't know, it would have to be things that don't require passive damage point invested since all my stats will be towards hp and regen, with some armor/evade.

The rich solution would be shavs and redbeaks, or if I wasn't on nemesis could have a low life build just with multiple auras, but I personally wouldn't bother.
probably going to do leap splam with curse on hit fa and vulnerability, leap in, viper away, leap into the next set or close by to what was missed etc. might use multi, for the fast application of 3 dots, unless the reduced damage is really bad.
Haven't fully specced into this, have a few points to release and move to optimize. but I did try it out. Damage is obviously really poor, But I also haven't figured out how to sustain mana. Running a low level clarity and grace, but will likely take some regen nodes and see how that goes. But it is also tempting to just forget grace and pick up blood magic passive, since it is then endless skill spamming and only have to worry about having enough life. All and all if I take the effort to spec into it, it might be a little fun, but overall probably quite weak. I'll probably do it anyways, and pick up some block nodes while I am at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info