Tried to set up a decent DW Marauder Build for lvl 60 ~

-
Last edited by holoas on Jul 16, 2013, 4:26:06 AM
TERRIBLE BUILD
I doubt whether you are playing this game.
SInce the person above me is an obvious troll who cant even tell you what is bad and what is right and lacks constructive criticism, i will try to do better

This build is not bad but you should not go around passive forest and try to pick a bit off of each aspect, try to focus on 2-3 things and the rest will be managed by gear and gems. for exampl I see you are aiming for a shield and 1h, that is not the worst decision but mostly marauders go for 2H Gslam or Sweep build with SHITTONS of HP + HP regen and bloodmagic along with lifeleech passives and gems. So try to get all the surrounding HP passives, blood magic and resolute technique nodes and max out the resists , the damage will be OK even without passives, u will manage :)

You can pick few % dmg for 1h or 2H along the way as you like but forget about inteligence and dexterity passives you dont need that, its a waste, resolute technique will make you hit for 100% and u dont need DEX for maces, only for axes, swords etc. which are not that good for tanky build. Int is good for gems but you can get a nice amulet with + 30 to all atributes later on which would allow you to use whatever you want.

i am no expert on this game but i had a lot of marauders on lvl 40 and each of them was built completely differently so I hope this helped.
>SInce the person above me is an obvious troll who cant even tell you what is bad and what is >right and lacks constructive criticism, i will try to do better

Congrats , you still keep the most important secret.
Spoiler
Armor = SUCK
"
mevsc2 wrote:
>SInce the person above me is an obvious troll who cant even tell you what is bad and what is >right and lacks constructive criticism, i will try to do better

Congrats , you still keep the most important secret.
Spoiler
Armor = SUCK

You know what?

Spoiler
You suck!

"
VinnMauS wrote:
SInce the person above me is an obvious troll who cant even tell you what is bad and what is right and lacks constructive criticism, i will try to do better

This build is not bad but you should not go around passive forest and try to pick a bit off of each aspect, try to focus on 2-3 things and the rest will be managed by gear and gems. for exampl I see you are aiming for a shield and 1h, that is not the worst decision but mostly marauders go for 2H Gslam or Sweep build with SHITTONS of HP + HP regen and bloodmagic along with lifeleech passives and gems. So try to get all the surrounding HP passives, blood magic and resolute technique nodes and max out the resists , the damage will be OK even without passives, u will manage :)

You can pick few % dmg for 1h or 2H along the way as you like but forget about inteligence and dexterity passives you dont need that, its a waste, resolute technique will make you hit for 100% and u dont need DEX for maces, only for axes, swords etc. which are not that good for tanky build. Int is good for gems but you can get a nice amulet with + 30 to all atributes later on which would allow you to use whatever you want.

i am no expert on this game but i had a lot of marauders on lvl 40 and each of them was built completely differently so I hope this helped.

Thanks for your feedback, ill try to change it and repost it when im done:)
Didn't know that Swords are not that good for Tank Marauders, can you tell me the reason?
Was playing Ranger all my way, so im new to Marauders.. :P

"
holoas wrote:

Didn't know that Swords are not that good for Tank Marauders, can you tell me the reason?

Swords and axes deal good damage but generally axes are best for burst but require a lot of DEX as you level and you cant afford to spend points on dex passives nor should you wear DEX items as a tank, and swords are good but require DEX as well and the problem here is, most of the swords have + Accuracy stats which you dont need because you will mostly likely pick resolute technique node. long story short, most marauders use 2H mace or 1h mace + shield. personally i think a 2H is better since shiled provides only block chance and armor but armor in endgame is not what matters, you get a stack of SHOCK or chaos damage and you still go down in 2seconds regardless if your armor is 6 000 or 30 000 with granite flasks. either way, having a lot of HP and life regen/life leech can make you face-melee bosses and outlast them with a decoy totem and endurance charges
"
holoas wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this is okay, or is there anything i may improve?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMM9w0wErwYXRkuHOcg8CECJCUpLja6PC09Dz0-PfxE50pPTdhQUFRJVw1YY16fXz9lL2bZZ5tqHmo7d2J7jHxLfLh99YFvjAaMdozPk9eX_ptqnjygtKSsqBivbLMxtPm53cT2xYrGrsbY2WHnUudj6dXsGe8O8B_yL_JF8pzzBvZI9yv6Lvuq_gr-vw==

Im aiming for a nice on Manaregen Necklace, to be well with my mana usage.
I tried to get alot of Def-stats, while picking some offensive ones.

If I may also have a shot at "constructive criticism"...

Put simply - ur bild r veri bed, wat iz you tinkin men!!11!1!!1!!

*troll mode off* Just generally, the efficiency of it is not satisfying.

Now, what can we do to improve it? What I'm going to do first is suggest a build with the same amount of points spent (well, I added two points to pick up +24% damage and +6% attack speed, hope you don't mind) which should perform exactly what you desire it to, without any of the issues you are worried about (accuracy, mana management, damage output). Do note that when I say "suggest", I mean it. Everything you read on this forum you should use to forge your own character you will enjoy, because you're the one playing it.

Click this funky clickable line.

Next, a few things you should know (excuse the wall of text incoming; but I think it is very good to know this if you're just starting up melee marauders).

When building a tank character; you have to pick your main defensive option. Generally you pick between evasion, armour, health and energy shield. Evasion and Armour are the weakest options - while some people swear they love it, it won't work as good as the other two, HP or ES. By starting on the marauder tree, you put yourself in the perfect position to base your character around HP. That means your main line of defense will be a really high health pool paired with great health regeneration. Now, considering investing into a really good health build is pretty point-heavy, you don't have many options to build damage around. Your accuracy will be really low, and you are pretty much doomed to use two handed maces, which will provide the damage you lack. To deal with accuracy, you pick up Resolute Technique, which will give you 100% chance to hit, at the cost of having 0% critical chance. Very good trade for the tank build. To deal with mana regeneration, you pick up Blood Magic, which will give you pretty much infinite mana to spam your skills (do note that in this case you might not be able to use all the auras you desire, but it will still do good). Next, since you are a melee character, you are going to be up close and personal with your enemies, which puts you in danger of getting stunned. To deal with stun, you pick up Unwavering Stance, and to make use of all the evasion which is rendered useless, you pick up Iron Reflexes. Near the path for those keystones, there are several nice nodes - attack speed, health, health regeneration, elemental resistance, so you pick them up as well. The last thing I think I should add here - Endurance Charges. Endurance Charges are absolutely crucial to your survival in later stages of the game. Picking up the three extra Endurance Charges is practically mandatory. It sets your maximum amount of Endurance Charges to 6, which means 30% elemental resistance and 30% physical damage resistance (plus you will get an additional 1.2% health regeneration while the charges are up).

Alright, I hope I helped a little, with "constructive criticism" and "constructive suggestion". I just can't stop laughing at the rest of this thread. Epic troll.

EDIT: I'm a moron, forgot to actually put a link in the URL tags...
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 8, 2013, 11:21:57 AM
"
holoas wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this is okay, or is there anything i may improve?

Going for Dual Wield now, with high Attackspeed, high Lifereg / Lifeleech.

Feedback is welcome!:)

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBCygOPBRxGLAZLhznIPAhAiUnJ08n7Sr2MBkyCTa6Nug6UkGqRIFE51BQVgRYY11JXz9hUmSjZ4Bnm2oeajtul3Kpd2J7jHzZg3yEY4ZgjM-QdKcwqAeoGKyqud3E9sbY1I_kUeTx567xivIv8pzz3fZI9zL3vvjr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, Marauder is not quite the class you want to pick to dual wield.

But to comment the build - investing in the Life gain/leech ring below Elemental Adaptation is not worth it, the amount of attack speed is far from satisfying, the usefulness of Troll's Blood and the other life regeneration node near the start is quite low considering the build does not revolve around HP (even with 2000 HP, having 1.5% HP regen per sec means 30 HP regenerated per sec, it is not going to make any practical difference in your gameplay), the build has no survivability mechanism whatsoever, grabbing the small elemental resistance ring below the Templar is not usually an efficient investment because there are far better nodes to pick up; same goes for the three lines near Diamond Skin at the beginning of the build, you will have mana management issues...

I hope that helps clear up the picture about this build. Early levels? Will work, though nearly anything works at early levels... Mid levels? Issues arise. Endgame? If you even reach it with this build, it will present a near impossible difficulty.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
If I may also have a shot at "constructive criticism"...

Put simply - ur bild r veri bed, wat iz you tinkin men!!11!1!!1!!

*troll mode off* Just generally, the efficiency of it is not satisfying.
.... WoT continues
EDIT: I'm a moron, forgot to actually put a link in the URL tags...

Well, first of all, thanks for your feedback.
After reading through your post I decided to not go for a pure Tank Marauder... for now. Not that you wrote all this stuff for no reason, it's still good to know, and because of me having much time atm. i will try both (Im going to post a new tank build following your tipps very very soon, so you can check it). What i am still aiming for is a Tank Build with High Manaregen - High Def - avarage damage output.

Thank you so far, maybe you can check out the new DW Build in my first post, so you can leave a sentence to it or something.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

Honestly, Marauder is not quite the class you want to pick to dual wield.

But to comment the build - investing in the Life gain/leech ring below Elemental Adaptation is not worth it, the amount of attack speed is far from satisfying, the usefulness of Troll's Blood and the other life regeneration node near the start is quite low considering the build does not revolve around HP (even with 2000 HP, having 1.5% HP regen per sec means 30 HP regenerated per sec, it is not going to make any practical difference in your gameplay), the build has no survivability mechanism whatsoever, grabbing the small elemental resistance ring below the Templar is not usually an efficient investment because there are far better nodes to pick up; same goes for the three lines near Diamond Skin at the beginning of the build, you will have mana management issues...

I hope that helps clear up the picture about this build. Early levels? Will work, though nearly anything works at early levels... Mid levels? Issues arise. Endgame? If you even reach it with this build, it will present a near impossible difficulty.

Hey there,

you really think that Marauders are not able to dual wield well?:/
I mean, 1,5% HP Regen is not all what i will have when im arround level 60. Dont forget the Items having Lifereg/min - %-Lifeleech per Hit and stuff, aswell as the resist nodes i picked. My Armor will have Resist too.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info