[85% team ele resist] Aura Overkill Scion [HC Viable][200%+ dps, 700 ES, 4500 EV, 90% AR Auras]

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bYTdtZlKAtqNpisZBodIMJ-ehGcW-egsdBh7QM4YjKSij6tz6TJx2qwzrr7sau_goc3Ju1uJMQzPJF52N_xvF2GYqnCAx9_oc64YjxEZb7Cdrdj0YQf3sgplesWXC79todFNDQxp74k03jMZ41ktkTGo_60s9l_o8vb2aeFy826VXGwBpk54bRJKrjahZvWfOQVVXWJLAZhSoTrKqnhICkwxNyqRo4LKf3Muw4o_L46zrYSsRN2FjlnjyMdvaugW8EsxRN8B8CcaIA

Here's one which would be viable for dual incinerate culling. Went for more totem nodes and life. Dropped IR and Unwavering Stance, 8% aura effectiveness and 5% mana reduction. The trade is very worth it, considering that it would increase the effectiveness of your totems tremendously. Any points after this should be spent going for the AR/ES nodes close on the top left corner to increase defense.
Hey, I've been using Brightbeak (and getting damage from Wrath and Anger) for ages and now I'm trying to upgrade my DPS a bit on this build. For a Spectral Throw setup, what do you guys use for a weapon? I'm trying to decide between a Jeweled Foil with elemental damage, or a foil with decent-but-not-great physical damage.

Edit-Finally got my shavs for this build, only to realize the Spectral Throw setup I've been using is BRRRGG (thanks Tabula Rasa!), which isn't something I can expect to run on an ES-only chest.

So I've decided to switch to power siphon. My chest is 5linked and currently I'm running Power Siphon, Life Leech, IIR, IIQ, LMP. I would use two attack skills as has been suggested, but I actually don't have any unused skill gem slots!

I'm wondering, is wand + power siphon the best course of action for a Shavs user? Or should I switch to something like Ethereal Knives + Hearbreaker? I should probably decide one way or another before I blow a bunch of exalts trying to color my sockets properly.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jan 3, 2014, 11:57:24 AM
In party play, wander has the most potential. you can conduit share every type of charge. Solo play, Spectral throw/double strike would have the highest DPS. It's possible to hit 15k dps+ with the right equipment. Rolling the necessary colors on a shav's is a bitch regardless of which skill you choose to run. Cheaper to respec a couple points and go aura MF summoner. Only a few points away and you can spam hunt piety to fund everything. Found both a Kaom's Heart and a soul taker within a week and sold them for a good sum of money.
"
In party play, wander has the most potential. you can conduit share every type of charge. Solo play, Spectral throw/double strike would have the highest DPS. It's possible to hit 15k dps+ with the right equipment. Rolling the necessary colors on a shav's is a bitch regardless of which skill you choose to run. Cheaper to respec a couple points and go aura MF summoner. Only a few points away and you can spam hunt piety to fund everything. Found both a Kaom's Heart and a soul taker within a week and sold them for a good sum of money.

I'm currently leveling a scion with the intent to switch to some version of your build at 68. I've already gathered 100 regrets, so I can choose pretty much any skill tree I want when I switch. With the budget I have in mind, I can afford 2x Andvarius.

With the above in mind, would your recommendation still be to go MF summoner, or is there a better option for an MF build?
Personally, I'm running this build as a MF summoner. Can't vouch for the effectiveness of other MF builds with this. Totems don't benefit from your auras, and they're the second most used MF builds.

Posted the tree I'm using on page 5. TehOsiris' tree does it better, and is very similar. Once you get the minion gems to level 20, you don't need to run necromantic aegis anymore. None of the minions will die regardless. Ran a prism guardian with purity of ice, lightning and reduced mana gem at that point to increase resistances against piety.

With that build though, it's safe to run a ridiculous amount of MF. running 2 andvarius doesn't gimp you at all due to the prism guardian and aurumvorax providing a potential total of 324 resistances.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Jan 4, 2014, 1:58:11 PM
"
In party play, wander has the most potential. you can conduit share every type of charge. Solo play, Spectral throw/double strike would have the highest DPS. It's possible to hit 15k dps+ with the right equipment.

Power Siphon/Frenzy can also do a fair amount of damage in this build, with all 4 frenzy charges up I atm hit 20k w/ Power Siphon (on a 6L) for single target damage and 7.5k with Frenzy+LMP for some AoE.. and Frenzy isnt even q20 so there is still something to aim for.

..just sayin'. :)
Last edited by Abyssopelagic on Jan 6, 2014, 5:22:32 AM
shock stacks made possible by the power charges also increases damage past spec throw/double strike ;). unfortunately, most people only consider the tooltip dps, so they'll be unhappy with the numbers they can see ;<
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlghnDH0OPA5IEHsQfxEvEZYWvxcvGDwY2xmKGo8c3B0UHaohYCSwJwsotSj6KaUqOCsKL28yCTJ-Nug6UjsoQKBCo0ZxRwZKyE4qVdZWBFivWlJbr19qYENgiGFSY0Nk52xGbj1uqm-ecFJwVnC7cmx08XYIeA1_xoCkgseDCYZghtGH24hCj0aQG5MnkzqZmpoTm12btZ_LpwiomqlutAy0xbXytve4k70nvjrAUcEAwcXC7MM6xp7KStgk2RPbGtvU4YjjhOtj6-7vTvKX8uHz6vVL9tr56PrS-wk=

tried making a dagger-based build for ES users going low-life xD
Builds very possible in softcore. Aim for lava lash and arcing blows. They'll increase your dps by 100% to 300% depending on your equipment. Spending life for skills might bite you back; especially going low life. Rejuvenating totem can help with this.
"
Leveling aura builds have always been a pain. To get around this, We will be using... FACEBREAKERS! 1000 dps as soon as you hit level 20, and it'll scale all the way to 5000+ by the time you hit level 60+

I'm kinda new to the game. I purchased a set of non-legacy Facebreakers. How do you achieve this dps at that early of a level?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info