The LoL community might be toxic but they know how to treat a competitor

With respect.

Players look at Dota 2 and point out areas where its better, and ask Riot to implement.

Unlike here where everyone goes balls to the wall crazy if you if do anything less than worship PoE
"
hi support,

this is off topic.

cheers.

And then Bex warns you for derailing threads
"
hi support,

this is off topic.

cheers.
Actually, it's not.

I recently watched the Reaper of Souls panel at Blizzcon 2013 (on YouTube) and posted a suggestion based off what I saw there. I felt it was a good idea, but I feel it got a lot of opposition, in part, because the genesis of the suggestion came from Diablo 3. (I also think a fair number took the suggestion seriously and still didn't like the idea... yet I can't help but wonder if it would have done better if I had just pretended the idea was entirely my own.)

The fact of the matter is, Blizzard does have a small handful of good ideas we could transfer over to this game. In defense of the PoE worshipers, it's a very short list... but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 25, 2013, 6:40:04 AM
Charan is not acting like Charan; I am confused.

edit: And hey, it's in Off Topic. Injustice, I tell you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 25, 2013, 6:41:40 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
hi support,

this is off topic.

cheers.
Actually, it's not.

I recently watched the Reaper of Souls panel at Blizzcon 2013 (on YouTube) and posted a suggestion based off what I saw there. I felt it was a good idea, but I feel it got a lot of opposition, in part, because the genesis of the suggestion came from Diablo 3. (I also think a fair number took the suggestion seriously and still didn't like the idea... yet I can't help but wonder if it would have done better if I had just pretended the idea was entirely my own.)

The fact of the matter is, Blizzard does have a small handful of good ideas we could transfer over to this game. In defense of the PoE worshipers, it's a very short list... but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Don't worry too much, that idea has been suggested before and was summarily dismissed then, too.

Edit:
Regarding that idea, I just think it's a bit too tricky to implement properly. At the very least, I'd think it has to be optional (not in any way restricted by your class or current gear). Even then though, I'm certain biases will make it function less than ideally, perhaps forcing even more sorts of build funneling.
"
I don't get warned anymore, and if GGG deal with me, it's someone higher on the food chain than her passing judgment.

cya.

Wow GGG must be really running low on cash...
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
hi support,

this is off topic.

cheers.
Actually, it's not.

I recently watched the Reaper of Souls panel at Blizzcon 2013 (on YouTube) and posted a suggestion based off what I saw there. I felt it was a good idea, but I feel it got a lot of opposition, in part, because the genesis of the suggestion came from Diablo 3. (I also think a fair number took the suggestion seriously and still didn't like the idea.)

it is, because it wasn't framed correctly. Not my fault the OP can't present their point as distinctly relevant to PoE.

I have no doubt you made a solid case, Scrotes, but I'd advise against projecting if that leads you to side with a troll who speaks in falsehoods such as 'only those who worship the game are welcome here.'
He actually did frame it correctly. "The LoL community might be toxic but they know how to treat a competitor with respect. Players look at Dota 2 and point out areas where its better, and ask Riot to implement. Unlike here..." That meets the criteria of being distinctly relevant to PoE, and actually moderately insightful.

He then proceeds to utter some trollish hyperbole. But that's just a sign of the times, and doesn't invalidate the point made prior.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 25, 2013, 6:54:42 AM
"
"
I don't get warned anymore, and if GGG deal with me, it's someone higher on the food chain than her passing judgment.

cya.

Wow GGG must be really running low on cash...

[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 25, 2013, 6:58:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info