NEED BUILD FOR OB! WHAT IS EASIEST COOKIE CUTTER?

Just looking for a build that i can do ;D i like being really tanky and just looking for something cookie cutter... i don't play much now because i don't have much time to waste before the characters get wiped!!! So if you can link some tanky builds that would be awesome!!!!
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
over 75 views yet no one has a tanky build to share =*(???
What are you looking for? A passive build? What skills do you want to use? A little more specific would be helpful. Hard to just through something out there since inherently there are so many options.

I'm just starting to mess around with marauders for the first time, got a level 11 in an hour played. Face tanked Brutus for the most part with phase run and a decoy totem. I didn't actually get DT from a quest though, it dropped in the mud place for me. I think I have a couple in my bank anyways.

Tangent aside my main abilities are Heavy Strike + Cleave and I modify both by phase run usually because my DPS doubles(I think) when I have the buff. 19 damage cleaves quickly become 35 damage cleaves, quite nice for clearing everything. My auxiliary abilities are bear trap and decoy totem. Most pulls/mobs I don't need to use them, but they are extremely useful to have on my bar none the less. Bear trap for stunning bosses/champs & doing really good single target dps. I think I killed the totem boss in Ledge with 3 phase runner Heavy Strikes and six bear traps. And I don't need to explain DT, I'm sure.

I happened to drop a unique blade that does incredible dps and has attack speed on it, and after using that I found that normal attack speed on a marauder is a bit tiresome, watching your character swing and miss is unbearable when he attacks slow as molasses. So point being attack speed makes the marauder fun to play.

Now as for my future plans, I'm thinking of grabbing every single elemental resistance node for 30% base, then with a little gear I should be close to 40%-65% in every element, and can then supplement topaz/sapphire/ruby rings for specific bosses.(I can face tank Merveil with a Ranger using two 30% sapphire rings) Also making sure I grab HP and accuracy nodes as I can while working my way towards the endurance charge on the bottom/armour doesn't effect movement speed. Building a tanky character requires heavy armour and if we can avoid moving like a slug, I'd like it. All this is achievable around the level thirty mark assuming you also picked up stuff like one handed/two handed damage.

----Substitute Resolute Technique for accuracy nodes if you want, I was planning on it, but I have 92% hit accuracy with just a couple accuracy nodes so my plan is to just continue going for the movement speed node.

After grabbing the MS node I then planned on grabbing stuff like Ogre Blood, Diamond Skin, and the Iron Reflexes node that makes evasion=armour. Since we are near there I also figure grabbing 8% more movement speed is well worth the two extra points.

All and all my general plan costs around 60 points, which I figure would then give anyone who wanted to put there own style in to it about 20-25 more points to work with.(If we assume mid 80's is the end-game for current characters) Very tanky, nice resistances, 46% without any gear, really nice hp, and high movement speed. Phase Run + Celerity + 20MS boots + Armour Mater will have us zipping around in probably the mid 50% range, which I love.

Hopefully I gave you some basic ideas, I am by no means an expert, I've only had one 40+ character into ruthless and probably under 4 days played time, so take my advice with a grain of salt. ^_^

Edit - I just looked back at my build and realized that we have 61% resistances with this build, I'd also like to note that level 30 is probably too low to healthily grab Armour Master, probably look at low 40's to grab it without gimping yourself on the home stats.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAG0UhAjH7e4yOv5B0wQTG2ORR5673K3_jm1hYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL2o7IPCoGGoeROcc5zAZeWgLYXgN0Ee-igHc4uphIRLhourvTl0AKLVgiGFSMglAoAUtYEt673TtIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUUdcHY
"Do or do not, there is no try."
Last edited by LVader9 on Jan 5, 2013, 10:49:15 PM
Thank you LVader9 for the interesting read =D i am new to this game really and am quite excited to try some of these things out!!! havn't really played mara that much so i don't know the skills i would use i guess what ever other mara uses ;D just looking for some thing to have a solid character i can level up first when the open beta comes!!!
I've found alot of my marauder builds follow the same basic setup, which is:

Then from there you can invest in whatever nodes you deem necessary. You can opt for more surviviability by getting more life/endurance charges, head up to iron grip if playing a bowrauder, or take the 2H/mace nodes. The cool thing I like about it is respeccing to a different build doesn't take that many points.
"
Hojirozame wrote:
I've found alot of my marauder builds follow the same basic setup, which is:

Then from there you can invest in whatever nodes you deem necessary. You can opt for more surviviability by getting more life/endurance charges, head up to iron grip if playing a bowrauder, or take the 2H/mace nodes. The cool thing I like about it is respeccing to a different build doesn't take that many points.

Just one tiny optimization at the start would be to skip the two fire resist nodes and head north with a strength node. You save 1 point yet end up with the exact same thing.

On a side note, your classic marauder setup doesn't differ much from mine; all I do is take a different path into the Templar tree in order to open up the two +30 INT/DEX nodes, extra endurance charge right nearby, and I usually skip the elemental damage nodes considering I focus on building melee physical damage.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
i highly suggest this build, with the use of Enduring Cry. LOTS of regen, massive hp pool, no mana issues because of Blood Magic and very nice dps. ive ran this build 3 times now. ran it on the last wipe aswell. has lack of armour passives but early on you can grab the few at the start and respect them later when you get the maximum use out of endurance charges. also has alot of resistance, Mapped out for around lvl 70

Passive skill tree build

HugeMfka - 84 Righteous Fire Duelist - 44/346 MF 6.9k Life
DemCritsOP - 84 Reave Shadow - 71k Reave / 35k Vaal Reave
"
Stuwii7480 wrote:
i highly suggest this build, with the use of Enduring Cry. LOTS of regen, massive hp pool, no mana issues because of Blood Magic and very nice dps. ive ran this build 3 times now. ran it on the last wipe aswell. has lack of armour passives but early on you can grab the few at the start and respect them later when you get the maximum use out of endurance charges. also has alot of resistance, Mapped out for around lvl 70

Passive skill tree build

This one is good indeed. Although I prefer the life nodes lower from duelists start and up-left from the IR node. Anyway this one will do the job)
"
Stuwii7480 wrote:

Passive skill tree build

Checked out the build, pretty similair to mine just with some added life leech. What skills are you using?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info