A Spectral Throw Variation(Could REALLY use input)

I need suggestions. 'nuff said. I don't care if you think you're a noob, bad at build making, too pro for anyone, hate me personally, etc.
Suggestions show a different viewpoint, and viewpoints give perspective. Using that perspective makes it much easier to look for any kinds of issues with something be they big, small, or anywhere in between.
If you see a weakness of ANY KIND be sure to tell me even if I've already stated it in this post somewhere, and even give a suggestion or two to fix/improve the build. Weaknesses can be fixed, and strengths can be made even stronger. There is no limit beyond what we can come up with to fit into this skill tree and what gems and gear tie the build together.
Thanks!
CONTACT INFO
CONTACT ME WITH SUGGESTIONS AT...

This thread.
IGN as Tobern and Kagnerac(char I'm doing this build on. Using pillar.)
My steam at steamcommunity.com/id/antidisestablishmentarianisms
My youtube at youtube.com/sunderkeenin
my inbox.(PM me)
Domination trade/global 5055
My reddit account. u/sunderkeenin

Offline Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19723/page/1
This is one of the best build making tools ever. Even if I'm able to be online I use it over the one on the website guaranteed. It calculates every passive bonus for you and lists them. Give this guy kudos. endless. fucking. kudos.

Build

95 points. Crit Version(Differences listed inside)

DIFFERENCES FROM RT VERSION-
LOWER HP. 200% MULT TO 150% MULT.
HAS CRITS.
HAS MORE DEX DUE TO NEEDING ACCURACY.
LACKS IRON REFLEXES DUE TO NEEDING ACCURACY WHILE MAINTAINING SHOCK CHANCE ACCESS AND GETTING HIGH CRIT.
LESS DURABLE IN GENERAL. BE CAREFUL. PLAY SAFE. KNOW YOUR LIMITS.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KNhNm12omlpSSshuqoqvtfKQEaluNZKC5HgNbEb-j1ivcmxN4zboMgmmVwHnOlKHKTGepzCfyzJ-6Gb3vhQgFHE__FBHQaoIsfjr_7D3MgTkcql10KyqJ-1Z8xkuxPbAGtSPPQ9mnhb5VJGQVbndJIv60og4ZqDvDvIvfLs26R0UnYr7i8WK83Hjao9G8B-nCNDQgUm0-aIAFVCboc9lsjgYXffXZ71VxmZPqWhbWe5vFm-ftFiurFmI8Q==

Strategy
The general strategy with both is to knock back enemies while using the multi-hit and easily scaled attack speed of ST. Chance to shock is to buff what looks like it'll be rather lackluster DPS due to the lack of damage nodes in non-crit version.
Recommended weapon for this: PILLAR OF THE CAGED GOD. I built this with the pillar in mind, and although it can be done just as well with other weapons I am personally working with the pillar.

Spells
Auras

Hatred-Top priority aura. Freeze is always desirable. Damage is always desirable 'nuff said.
Haste- More attack speed=more projectiles out=more knockback from more hits, and if you're crit version it's more crits too for even more knockback and more freeze and EVEN MORE shocking. There is no downside. NONE.

Core Attacks/Spells

Spectral Throw- The core of this damn thing. Use LMP/GMP with it or quit.
RT version recommended links
Added Fire Damage, Added Lightning, WED, Faster Attacks.
Added Fire Damage, Faster Attacks, Point Blank, Slower Projectiles
Added Fire Damage, Faster Attacks, Knockback, Stun
Added Fire Damage, Added Lightning, Added Cold, WED

Crit Version recommended links
Increased Critical Strikes(ICS), Knockback, Stun, Added Fire
ICS, Added Fire, WED, Added Cold
ICS, Slower Projectiles, Point Blank, Added Fire
ICS, Knockback, Stun, Faster Attacks
ICS, Added Fire, Faster Attacks, Increased Crit Multiplier

Usable as both crit/RT
Extreme GTFO- Knockback, Stun, Blind, Faster Attacks.
Healing- LGOH/Life Leech, Added Fire, WED, Blind/Knockback(non-crit) or ICS(crit)

Freeze Mine- GTFO move.
Leap Slam/Whirling Blades/Desynclone/Lightning Warp/etc.- Escape/travel. No other reason to have 'em in this build. I'd personally rock lightning warp or leap slam though.

Projectile Weakness- Make ST that much better. There isn't a real downside. It even gives MORE knockback. What isn't to love? The only thing is that ST pierces anyways, but oh well.
Critical Weakness- Only if you're the crit version and think this benefits you enough to warrant removal of Projectile Weakness. I just don't see that happening though.
Conductivity- This needs honorable mention in the case that you use Thunderfist. Shocking will be THAT much easier with this combo.

Recommended non-core spells/attacks

CwDT. You have a good amount of life, and not much innate mitigation, so this will go off pretty easily.-Enduring Cry(YAY MITIGATION)+Decoy+Molten Shell or Enduring Cry/Call+Decoy/Shell+Immortal Call/Cry(if cry goes off before call. If the priority works that way you can flip them too. I can't remember if it works that way or not, so feel free to confirm/say nope)

Heavy Strike/Double Strike- These may or may not do more single target DPS than ST in the end. This could use testing. It somewhat goes against the core ideas of the build, but if it works it works, and this is a very consistently useful gem. It also has its place in situations like the Dominus fight 2nd phase. If you have to hug the enemy anyways why not take huge damage with you? Ele hit can work too. It's just probably less useful(for the crit build it may actually be reasonably useful with Multistrike, but the knockback can make that depend.)

Spell Totem+Summon Skeletons- Amazing distraction. Drop a blind in there with 'em and it can hold off slower attacking enemies for way longer than it should.(KOLE AND BRUTUS I'M LOOKING AT YOU)

Possible/Experimental/Probably impractical
Whatever else you want. Those are the core and ones I'd recommend to support it. I'll suggest a couple for if you're crit build, or ones where I have no idea if it can even work with this build.(either form)

Cast on Critical Hit(Only really an option if you have a 6L)- Projectile Weakness/Critical Weakness(keep your curse up at all times. AT ALL TIMES! I still don't see how critical weakness has any real advantage though. I haven't done math on it, and until math is done I will leave it as an option), Decoy Totem, Ice Wall. Could use freeze mine and either decoy or ice wall. Could use Enduring Cry and Decoy/Ice Wall for defense as well. Arc+Ice Wall. Arc+Frost Nova(offensive). Decoy+Arc(more shock is never bad), Frost Nova+Frost Wall(more chill/freeze). Nova+Decoy(defensive. chill w/ possible freeze and taunt). Replace Blind, Knockback, and Elemental Proliferation(depends on ST link focus) if using. Ice wall is for the pushing back considering that ST pierces(Don't know how they interact yet. I haven't tested it, as I lack wall). Nova is for more chill/freeze. Arc is for more shock. Decoy is for grouping/saving your ass. The crit build needs more evaluation.

Blood Rage- It really all depends on the end DPS of this and the gtfo potential it has to be able to not die at low life. This is something that simply needs play-testing, and I don't have this build leveled yet in the first place, and wouldn't want to test Blood Rage until I've cleared through mercmerv and can farm her with this build(This will take a while. I haven't played all that long. One free weekend in closed beta and since the day before steam release.)

Smoke Mine- It may be good, it may be bad. It gets you in there, but are you sure you want to be there, and even more so do you really want to be in there? Are you sure you can escape? Do you have the anti-desync flask to make escaping more reasonable? The utility is very ambiguous with this build. I won't be testing this one myself.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Explanation as to the huge number of edits I did to this thread: I attempted to do too much with different possibilities, and I don't even think this one is done well enough in the first place. I can save the huge variations for later when I'm better at build making.
Last edited by sunderkeenin on Nov 24, 2013, 1:06:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info