Latency and Servers?

I was just wondering, how will the Servers be managed within Path of Exile and will their be any noticeable latency for certain countries or are the instances peer2peer?

And with the Developers being based in New Zealand, will there be servers around the oceanic area - meaning us Aussie's will see low Ping, which we do not often see in many online/MMO games.

Kind regards to any helpful information :)
NSW, Australia.
Servers are currently in US and devs play from new zeeland and have no problem. They stated that it will be servers in US and Europe at launch. They will consider other locations if the demand is large enough and they see that its needed.
I remember back when I use to play Diablo 2, with many worldwide players, that I didn't notice any latency issues - though back then I really didn't understand the effects of Ping and thought it was normal.

I hope that I do not notice any 'lag'... I'm quite picky these days, haha.
NSW, Australia.
Last edited by ZeeDubs on Sep 6, 2011, 8:21:28 AM
I'm in New Zealand and I notice horrible lag.
titties
But... but New Zealand and Australia. Surely they would have servers situated in their own country, or at least very close to it?
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Sep 23, 2011, 4:32:51 AM
"
Dreggon wrote:
But... but New Zealand and Australia. Surely they would have servers situated in their own country, or at least very close to it?

If there were enough players in Australia and New Zealand they would, but I guess not simply because it's close to them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info