Europe server, high ping for many..

same problem, really annoying
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Avu wrote:
All the instances I make are made under American gateway for some reason. My friend from Germany gets normal instances though.

same for me, but this is already happening for at least two weeks now, that the new instance starts on the American realm (maybe it doesn't but that's what it shows) but never had problem with the ping...since today ^^
Yeah for me also.. Normally around 20-35, now I'm at 150+.
Fix please, it's unplayable, for me atleast.
Same here.
50-55 at normal.
Now it's 150+
please fix this fast GGG
its unplayable dangerous for all Nemesis characters
Same here, I usually have a latency of 45 ms and since the mini patch it's +150 ms. I don't dare doing maps atm.

Wouldn't it be possible to slay the "desync monster" by splitting combat and drops? The server sends all the maps data with monsters and chests to the user. Combat runs completely on the users computer, so there wouldn't be any desync while fighting. The drops can still remain server sided, because it is much less disturbing if drops are lagging, than lagging during a fight.

Perhaps anyone knows if this would be possible or even has a better idea.
But right now desync is the biggest problem of this game and it takes away a lot of fun!
From 40-45ms to 150-400ms. I had the same problem was weekend but wasn't that bad as now i guess the server cant handle that many players during the EU peak time.
Last edited by paradox404 on Nov 23, 2013, 5:38:57 PM
If you're still experiencing this problem please download WinMTR and run it with eu.login.pathofexile.com in the "Host" box for at least 100 pings and post the results here. Alternatively you could also open a command prompt and run tracert eu.login.pathofexile.com and post the results of that - but the WinMTR output is more useful.
That explains why I'm lagging way more than the usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info