Do mobs have armour?

I am trying to figure out which is the best possible 1-h weapon base to craft and started wondering if mobs have armour and more specifically how much.

So far I've pretty much figured the more base aps the better, but if mobs actually have high value on armour then it would seem that the best weapon will be slowest but hardest hitting one, or at least a balanced between attack speed and base dmg.

So if you can direct me to a thread or a post where this has been discussed. Search doesn't give me anything.
I'm assuming it depends on the monster. I'd think rock monsters have high armor and sword and shield bandits do as well.

Just my guesses. Also aps are usually better because most builds use elemental damage which bypasses armor anyway.

At least that is what I've come to believe anyway.
S L O W E R
Monsters use the same types of defense that players use: armor, evasion, energy shield, and resistances. If a monster uses strong, slow melee attacks, it's most likely strength-based and will probably have good armor.

There is no single type of weapon that is best against all enemies. The best practice is to decide what skills/strategies you want to use and pick weapons that work well with them. Regardless of what you pick, some enemies will be tougher to kill than others. Some people like the slower, heavier hits, while others like the faster (but weaker) hits. You can build effectively either way.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Yup, and I can confirm this by seeing how much less leeching from physical damage one does with attacking a yellow mob, versus white mob. It implies the physical damage you do is reduced by armour, and yellow mobs have much more armour.

What I'm more interested to know is, do shield wielding mobs have a chance to block ? I think not, and I think they should. At least, to make sword passive that reduce block chance useful. Also because it'd be fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info