After the beta

After the beta will all characters be deleted?

I don't want to invest tonnes of time to have my character deleted ):
Most likely not, it probably be like Dragon Nest etc. to where it just transfers the character.
My previous 8-year-old, abandoned signature made me want to pour bleach onto my eyeballs.
Every beta I've ever played had a character wipe at the end.
In the beta invite email that I got, they say that the characters will be wiped at the end of the Closed Beta, and possibly even during the beta.

I'm guessing that the Open Beta will be the same too, since there will probably be changes that make it unfair to the new players during Open Beta too.
Yeah most betas I've done they wipe the characters to provide an equal field of play for the new members. Of course that doesn't rule out cosmetic things or little bonuses for beta testers. Just starting off the bat with a nicely geared high level character would be kind of ridiculous.
if I were testing the beta I would not focus on keeping my toon, more on exploring all the aspects of the game that warrant feedback and harbor potential pitfalls. Also, getting to know as much as possible prior to launch when I will want to move with a specific plan.
Cheers 0/

Sibcoe
-------------
^ this. even public beta characters are like to get wiped, so i'm going into it with the mindset of getting to know the systems and classes well enough so that when the launch for final comes around i'll know what builds i'd like to develop.

if i can point out bugs and provide suggestions to make the game better, and they're actually taken into account, that'd be cool too.
NEED KEYYYYYYYYYYY FOR PLAYYYYYYYYY!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 3 MONTY AND NOTHING!! WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZZZ KEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
It's quite common practice to delete all beta created characters between close/open beta and final release to avoid any complications with beta vs final release characters which may cause compatibility problems down the line that and I'm sure they would like a even playing field with the influx on new players.

They may give you the option to put a few items in your stash, though with item and skill changes quite frequent this might not be likely.

Also the devs could put some nice goodies of their own in your stash, sorry we had to delete you characters, we appreciate all the time you went through to level them here's our way of saying thanks for helping us to make a better game, keep up the good work.

~You need not be Caesar to understand Caesar~
There will be a minimum of one wipe when moving from closed to open beta.

There may be more wipes in closed beta if there is a need for them.

I don't think there will be wipes after open beta starts unless there is something horribly wrong. Online games are effectively launched once they are in open beta.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info