Option to turn off rain

Free bump.

I think one of the reasons why this isn't an option (this is just a theory) is because these atmospheric effects are tied in some way to a game mechanic say...light radius. In some areas like Coves the fog affects the "effective light radius" so it's harder to see monsters in the fog approaching.

Perhaps this is hard coded and it would be too much trouble to separate so no official comment has been thus far made. Despite the difficulty, I really do think this requires more attention. There is a very noticeable game performance hit in certain maps and the advantages for fixing this include player confidence in the game engine developer's bug fixing cred.
+1 i will never beat dominus on merciless on standard thanks to the rain forget hardcore or nemesis. It only bugs me because dominus is the only area that is a problem.(docks imperial gardens take a little toll on my fps)
Fuck the lab
I have an addendum to this request.

Turning off weather effects for the sake of performance should absolutely be allowed.....but I must say I find the rain and weather effects to be delightful, and I would love it if I could turn the switch the other way, so that it was all weather all the time.

You know...while your in there fiddling with it...pls <3
^
+1 Loved playing in the rain. DoT in the mudpuddles and what not.

But seriously, let us turn it off. Whole game is playable (just!) for me, but for the rainy areas. And on super-low settings, the rain looks chunkily ridiculous anyway.

Imp Gardens gets very, very bad sometimes (even harder with steam integration sapping my precious cycles).

Edit: No not 'those' cycles.
PoE's LD-50 = < 60 DMG DoT. i.e. MMO Click-em-up +2 mad millinery FTW when PVP by CAT-5.
Last edited by infinitee44 on Nov 29, 2013, 8:41:09 PM
Bump. Needs to by addressed by the Devs.
The rain makes some areas unbearable to play, and make me regret having to go to them!

A option to turn environments on/off would be awesome!
Bump.
i would like to know at least why noone from GGG manifest some opinion about this matter .... they comunity is asking for some awnsers and they just stand quiet ... its sad with a great game like PoE and most ppl cant play it cause of the rain efects .
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info