Option to turn off rain

It would be nice if there could be an option to turn off the rain effects. The rain makes a lot of people suddenly run way lower FPS and therefor having slowdown or lag during the map play.

The most obvious one is the rain at the Dominus fight, but also the rain in Imperial Gardens.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Turning off weather effects is standard in many games and yes it can improve performce so i think this suggestion is very usefull.
To be honest, I am somewhat surprised that turning off weather effects is not an option already. Logically, from GGG's point of view, you want as many people as possible to play the game, some of whom own not-so-powerful computers. It would make sense to offer them an option to lower the visual effects even further to allow them to play at a smooth rate.
What did the rain ever do to you? You want rainbows and ponies like in Diablo 3? :P
I acknowledge this option would be ok, but rain in general should spawn everywhere not only in fixed locations. Why so strict and limited?
Yes please, imperial gardens drops my fps like mad. So does Docks.
Also, in act 2, the grass and trees swaying in the wind really slows down my computer too.
So besides turning off rain, it would be good to have an option to turn off environment effects. A lot of people are experiencing extra lag or slowdown due to this.

I wish someone from GGG would actually acknowledge that they have read this.
I would very much like to be able to turn rain off.

I only have one character that's gotten up to Dominus, but I have to say that many of the times I died was not because the fight was hard, I mean: it was hard, and most of the time it was my fault that I died, but I was lagging like crazy because of the rain which didn't make things any easier.

+1. I don't see the harm in having an option for this.

If it doesn't happen: Whatever, no big deal. But I don't see why it shouldn't.
GGG, listen to this suggestion, pretty please!

I have to run PoE on the lowest setting possible in order for my archaic PC to be able to handle it, so you can imagine that Imperial Gardens is rather unpleasant location for me.
The rain, the leaves moving in the wind... looks neat of course, but can give a bit of a headache :X
Last edited by Koffin_Kat on Nov 27, 2013, 4:05:27 AM
+1

I'd love to have an option to turn off ALL envioronment/weather effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info