Summoner Scion With Dominating Blow?

I'm not gonna add a lot of unnecessary detail into this.

Someone on chat mentioned how good dominating blow was in the game. I checked the wiki on what it does, and an idea came to mind.

In my current build, I have 100 strength and 100 dexterity from passives and all my minion passives unlocked. Do you suppose equipping an adequate melee weapon, give it dominating blow, splash, and culling strike, I can further add to my minion potential?

And, a more silly question, will minion passives further strengthen dominated enemies?

EDIT:
Should I instead swap culling strike out with something better? If so, what do you recommend?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Nov 20, 2013, 10:45:59 PM
Some advice would be much appreciated, folks.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Increased duriation is kind of a must have.
yes this is totally possible in fact its the exact build I run. Your biggest issue with dominating blow is the mana cost. and the fact that multistrike, increased duration, melee splash are a must have. 6linked dom blow costs around 320 mana each shot. But with a soul taker this build is absolutely insane. You do however need to pick up the increased duration nodes in
the middle as well as a 20% duration gem.

*edit* minion passives do effect dominated minions. with the build your character actually needs 0 damage just need to score a hit near the end.

optimally its dominating blow + increased duration + multistrike + melee splash + minion damage + culling strike. don't forget all dominated minions will also have these abilities.
IGN: TapYourIt
Last edited by TheGoblinShaman on Nov 25, 2013, 11:32:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info