PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

Played Reaper of Souls today

"
StormHunter wrote:
Maybe because many thousands of people all around the world play poe while only a few play on the reaper of noobs testserver

This is just such bullshit.

Im a huge fan of this game, but I refuse to hide the truth, and the truth is POE has WAY abnormal desync compared to every other game of its kind.

Yes, they all have it, NO... not one of them has it as bad as this game.

Its fine if GGG cant fix it, or will not fix it, but the least they could do is address the issue once and for all, and either admit, there is nothing they can do, due to the amount of hardcoded work already in place, thus ultimately requiring a complete rewrite (which is what i suspect), or that they will indeed address and fix this issue.

So far, in my time here, I have seen GGG admit it was an issue, say they are working on it, claim it cant be fixed, all this in not so many, or the same words, but bottom line is, its still here, and Fan Freaks denying its exsistence is ridiculous.

Cmon guys... I just cant believe the amount of die hards that will defend this one issue until death it seems.

Jesus Christ, even the Great Grand Hailed Charan experiences it, in games with me... And we all know how most of you haters love to call him a fan boy... so why in the hell can we see it, and none of the rest of you *wanna be a fan-boys* cant?

Ugh, this issue is making me mad, not that GGG hasnt fixed it yet, but that a buncha blindeys just refuse to own up to it being a prominent problem.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Nov 20, 2013, 7:44:11 PM
"
Of course this probably indicates that what broke the game for me (I really hate that story, the voice acting, the aesthetics...the sheer 'WoW'ness of it all) wasn't as important as what broke the game for so many others.
I agree with all of those points. The D3 story was lame. The RoS story... well, it doesn't look lame, but I've seen enough terrible Hollywood movies with awesome trailers to not be sold so easily.

The main point I'm trying to get is that the Loot 2.0 portion of that panel at Blizzcon seemed to do a surprisingly decent job of identifying where they fucked up in terms of previous mechanics and show that they were thinking of real solutions to those problems. In general, this shows a combination of humility and troubleshooting which, if also applied to other portions of the game and not restricted to itemization, could be what D3 needs to save itself.

Guess I should watch the Lore panel and get some kind of opinion. edit: Prognosis is not good.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 20, 2013, 8:16:47 PM
"
JoannaDark wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:
Maybe because many thousands of people all around the world play poe while only a few play on the reaper of noobs testserver

This is just such bullshit.

Im a huge fan of this game, but I refuse to hide the truth, and the truth is POE has WAY abnormal desync compared to every other game of its kind.

Yes, they all have it, NO... not one of them has it as bad as this game.

Its fine if GGG cant fix it, or will not fix it, but the least they could do is address the issue once and for all, and either admit, there is nothing they can do, due to the amount of hardcoded work already in place, thus ultimately requiring a complete rewrite (which is what i suspect), or that they will indeed address and fix this issue.

So far, in my time here, I have seen GGG admit it was an issue, say they are working on it, claim it cant be fixed, all this in not so many, or the same words, but bottom line is, its still here, and Fan Freaks denying its exsistence is ridiculous.

Cmon guys... I just cant believe the amount of die hards that will defend this one issue until death it seems.

Jesus Christ, even the Great Grand Hailed Charan experiences it, in games with me... And we all know how most of you haters love to call him a fan boy... so why in the hell can we see it, and none of the rest of you *wanna be a fan-boys* cant?

Ugh, this issue is making me mad, not that GGG hasnt fixed it yet, but that a buncha blindeys just refuse to own up to it being a prominent problem.

Checkmate Dirk, Xav
Last edited by xXx_EliteHardcorePro_xXx on Nov 20, 2013, 8:10:30 PM
I agree that desync is especially bad in PoE as compared to other games I played online. However, to me it's just a minor thing really. Also, they already improved it a lot. When I started playing again after a few weeks break, it almost felt like desync was gone entirely lol. Yes, it can sometimes be annoying and irritating but honestly, I'm far too busy experiencing all the other good stuff PoE has to offer to be pissing and moaning about desync.

Also, I prefer struggling with desync to getting killed by disconnects and server errors 24/7.
"
GolbezFF4 wrote:
"
Cry some more. Seriously, everyone cares.

Also, the graphic artists who make the shop cosmetics really should be working on server coding more. How dare they...

Lol, this game is going to be a ghost town when RoS releases. Blizzard has fixed just about every gripe people had with the game. Only the AH tycoons and traders are the butthurt people regarding RoS. ARPG's are all about finding epic loot.

Gating loot like this game does is a terrible idea. The only reason why PoE is doing as good as it has is because of how terrible D3 Vanilla was. As a ARPG veteran and one who was in a 50+ deep line when D1 came out back in 96, RoS is going to be a success.

There was no bigger critic of D3 than I was. PoE is lightning in a bottle, its a fantastic game for its staff and budget. I like the hell out of this game but lets be honest, it only did as well as it did because D3 vanilla was a disappointment.

As of right now, PoE is king of the hill in terms of ARPG's. This is going to change dramatically once RoS comes out.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
GolbezFF4 wrote:
"
Cry some more. Seriously, everyone cares.

Also, the graphic artists who make the shop cosmetics really should be working on server coding more. How dare they...

Lol, this game is going to be a ghost town when RoS releases. Blizzard has fixed just about every gripe people had with the game. Only the AH tycoons and traders are the butthurt people regarding RoS. ARPG's are all about finding epic loot.

Gating loot like this game does is a terrible idea. The only reason why PoE is doing as good as it has is because of how terrible D3 Vanilla was. As a ARPG veteran and one who was in a 50+ deep line when D1 came out back in 96, RoS is going to be a success.

There was no bigger critic of D3 than I was. PoE is lightning in a bottle, its a fantastic game for its staff and budget. I like the hell out of this game but lets be honest, it only did as well as it did because D3 vanilla was a disappointment.

As of right now, PoE is king of the hill in terms of ARPG's. This is going to change dramatically once RoS comes out.

youre barking at the wrong tree pal
"
katjezz wrote:
lol.

dude, poe is the first game ever i experienced desync in and its at the same time the only threatening thing in hardcore.

Even on release day, D3 had no desync. Only connection problems.

WHile Diablo 3 is shit, blizzard and every other game developer managed to eleminate desync. Or atleast made it so it wont kill you.

You were probably too busy rubber banding every 3rd step to notice any desync at launch in D3.
"
Jiero wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:

I haven't played D3 but I've kept myself informed a bit ever since they promoted Loot 2.0 and the abolishment of the AH. Itemization might have been D3's #1 problem but for me this is on par with the lack of build diversity/individualization (#2) and the mainstreamed, charisma-lacking story + storytelling and the overall very generic tone (#3).
If Blizzard does not address #2 and #3 RoS might be not a failure but for me D3 will still be a shit game.

For more then half of this game (act 3 cruel, dominus) it seems like there is a plethora of available builds because everything is so faceroll easy that spending a single passive point at all is setting the game to easy mode... at end game only a few certain builds work and when you get to mapping it gets down to a handful of workable builds. We spend almost all our points getting defensive nodes and most builds overlap to a very large degree... if anything diablo 3 has MORE diversity in this regard. Remember at one time there were only something like 8 viable mapping builds and most of their trees overlapped to a very large degree.. And being able to make different builds in content so easy that spending passive points blindly makes you OP is meaningless, its the end game when you need to plan those points to survive that builds matter and diversity is judged. Both games seriously need to expand their build diversity though as neither does it very well at all.

Story is subjective and both in this regard are failures... but that is true of almost all games as far to often the game is made first then a crap story built around it to duct tape something together that is far to often painful to read.

I dunno if you played D3 when it first came out or in beta, but at launch, and for months and months afterward, melee classes were almost useless unless you had insane gear, that you bought from the AH, the only high damage builds that worked were ones that could off screen or used tons of escape abilities to say away from creatures and most of the time you had to use defensive passives and a few very specific skills for each class to even be able to clear act 1 in the hardest difficulty. The only reason more builds are viable is because the nerfed the game into the ground.
"
Agashi wrote:
"
katjezz wrote:
lol.

dude, poe is the first game ever i experienced desync in and its at the same time the only threatening thing in hardcore.

Even on release day, D3 had no desync. Only connection problems.

WHile Diablo 3 is shit, blizzard and every other game developer managed to eleminate desync. Or atleast made it so it wont kill you.

You were probably too busy rubber banding every 3rd step to notice any desync at launch in D3.

D3 fixes connection problems weeks after launch.

PoE still hasn't fixed Desynch after 3 years.
I've played over 1k hours in D3.

Then I knew PoE.

I'm never coming back there.
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info