Grahnja's Tanky Triple Curse Explosive Arrow Guide(EA, EB, AA, MoM). Burninate things! Nem/HC

"
Nifran wrote:
I'm interested in this build, but with the 1.0.2 changes to ignite and DOT effects, it needs to be modified. How do you intend to deal with the patch Grahnja?

I have not had much time to go over the build but I have played a few maps and the damage is still quite good.

As far as changes go, if you are a solo player, dropping permanent curses and an extra curse and taking more fire/elemental damage would be the way to go. For party play I am going to stick with perma triple curses because the benefit of the extra curse is greater than the additional damage I would get from dropping it for more fire damage.

Fire damage on gear is definitely more important, but the damage is still pretty good from what I can tell. With 9% Fire dmg from my ring, 10% fire damage from quality fire pen, and 10% from windscreams, the damage loss is somewhat mitigated. If you drop perma curse and the additional curse you can grab the immolation node for 6 total points, giving you 36% increased fire damage and getting you close to the breakpoint with windscreams and 20 quality fire pen.
Last edited by Grahnja on Nov 30, 2013, 7:49:27 PM
Last edited by Nifran on Dec 1, 2013, 12:53:24 AM
"
Nifran wrote:

Nice Ideas. Seems we were thinking similarly, here's my Scion version

I preferred to take permanent curses and stronger auras over some of the additional damage nodes, because I'll be using a Doedre's Damning and triple cursing. 2 of the curses will be Curse on Hit from split arrow + chain, and the third is Temporal Chains (its basically impossible to use without permanent curses). I guess my only reasoning is that I just fucking love Temporal Chains.
Last edited by TritanV on Dec 1, 2013, 3:07:42 AM
"
Nifran wrote:

EB is pretty critical to run arctic armor and sustain the cost of a 5 or 6 linked explosive arrow.

I came up with a Templar/Scion start
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaWfNmnqyq-tJyqRcvNukdFHzZhtEkquNqj0YksBmFpwjQ0ICk2t2drtgkuJPPZRJpNsUMfevuVcYXHB8CNtgQfyj6eqoWb3F5BAecLSqNxp6Cx5rgTLOXlYdll4X56EWdLR9SU6-37FVBhxg8bRk9X0kbtz69J8Hz_gqTOoIeoqPyRedjCGfbC3_GOuGI8SepflmmV6xZWm1N4zWSJDz-j6dcSVFQMNte6-RfKg==

You get the scion health wheel, which you need to make health work for this build. This build is 110 points though, which is level 91. The mana is very situational depending on your current max mana and mana regeneration. You can drop deep thoughts for something like influence or more fire damage.

Also remember that weapon elemental damage does nothing for EA, you can go through 2 of the nodes to save points or go through faith and steel for more mana/armor/resist.
Last edited by Grahnja on Dec 1, 2013, 3:19:09 AM
"
Grahnja wrote:
EB is pretty critical to run arctic armor and sustain the cost of a 5 or 6 linked explosive arrow.

I think you are right, I haven't played with AA except just trying it once when I found it.
Based on that I optimized your version more to my linking:

I went for the aura nodes between witch & shadow instead, getting Path of The Warrior which is a big health boost, swapping Deep Thoughs for Prestidigitation and instead of Blast Radius getting the templar ele. & fire damage nodes (which now basically double dip).
Last edited by TritanV on Dec 1, 2013, 7:18:25 AM
i respected to EB running clarity and 2 x auras
im now at lvl 68 witch i still use only EA explosion damage not burning
tried burning in 4L (non quality gems) and it was still inferior to my (non quality) EA>LMP>IQ>Fire Penetration
for bosses i change IQ to concentrated effect)

maybe it makes difference if they were quality

lately I started to use one curse and i dont see any need or time to apply 2 more
How do you do it and is it mandatory?

Do you think that the need for more curses will come when I start to do maps?

And im using very crappy equipment as im self found

Spoiler

Last edited by Kalevipoeg on Dec 4, 2013, 2:13:10 PM
Double curse is really nice because you can shoot 5 arrows into your target and double curse before they explode. It wont matter against white monsters but helps against tankier blue packs and rares.
what level are you in nemesis at this point and how does the build feel?
"
Vecxx wrote:
what level are you in nemesis at this point and how does the build feel?

Sadly I RIP'd to the level 78 courtyard bosses at level 90 got instagibbed because of boss damage and birds.

The build felt really strong, triple curse is great for parties, the survivability above average, and the damage is quite good (It wont match up to 450+ 2h weapons or 6L Lioneye bow builds, but it is more than sufficient for solo or group play.) You can even respec for more damage by dropping triple curse if you want, it would be better for solo but worse for grouping. I did not spend all too much making my build work, but it does not scale as attack builds because you dont get as much damage from your items.
Last edited by Grahnja on Dec 7, 2013, 6:42:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info