Grahnja's Tanky Triple Curse Explosive Arrow Guide(EA, EB, AA, MoM). Burninate things! Nem/HC

"
lindz wrote:
Do you use max level arctic armor? Just wondering what you do to sustain it. I've seen some use Lightning Warp tp get around to avoid the mana drain. Do you just have enough regen or toggle it off for running?

I can run it and gain mana back. It costs ~278 mana per second at level 20 with inner force and I have 357 mana regen/second. The build takes a LOT of mana and mana regen nodes to accomplish this.
Last edited by Grahnja on Nov 26, 2013, 5:43:27 PM
"
Kalevipoeg wrote:
is the stun-lock issue?

Stats
Spoiler

Most of my gems are max level.

At 5500 hp stun lock is not much of an issue.
Last edited by Grahnja on Nov 26, 2013, 5:49:39 PM

No life leech while playing Nemesis? You are the #1 Hardcore player.

Also, no Elemental Equilibrium? :P I think your build is far superior to the classic BM EA build, mainly b/c AA + PoF deal so nicely with reflect.
"
lalib wrote:

Also, no Elemental Equilibrium? :P I think your build is far superior to the classic BM EA build, mainly b/c AA + PoF deal so nicely with reflect.

I don't really take too much damage because of arctic armor. EA is run off of mana so I don't run life leech unless it is a no regeneration map. As long as you avoid the large hits potions are more than enough to keep you alive.

I don't use EE because it can cause problems in parties and when I am solo the extra damage isn't necessary. It would be nice for soloing fire resistance maps and killing curse immune monsters faster though.

AA + PoF exceeded my expectations on dealing with reflect, I can barely hurt myself on -Max + Ele reflect.
Last edited by Grahnja on Nov 27, 2013, 6:47:08 PM
"
lalib wrote:

EA only ever requires leech if you are running it as BM.

I used to run the old BM EA templar as well and w/o a doubt this build is tons better.
Regarding you build
How it is without Cloak of Defiance?
compared to keystone (30%) the cloak gives only 10% damage taken from mana pool

is that 10 % any issue or most benefit from cloak comes from thee 49% mana regen and 100 mana?
how much mana pool is left after you cast auras?

"
Kalevipoeg wrote:
Regarding you build
How it is without Cloak of Defiance?
compared to keystone (30%) the cloak gives only 10% damage taken from mana pool

is that 10 % any issue or most benefit from cloak comes from thee 49% mana regen and 100 mana?
how much mana pool is left after you cast auras?

The cloak actually gives you mind over matter and 10% extra, so 40% total. The mana regen is an extra bonus, the + max mana is also ok. I have 1300 mana after auras.
Awesome guide. I managed to swap to EA at around 30-35 and was able to manage quite well. I'm 59 now, just got a 6s Cloak of Defiance - what a difference it makes!

One thing that I think would help out new players a lot would be to go a bit more in depth with the skills allocation. For example do a lvl 1-35 tree, 35-60, etc. I'm quite new to the game, so at the beginning I wasn't too sure which skills to prioritize at the lower levels. :)

I am also a bit curious how the new 1.0.2 patch has impacted this build. It seems with the Damage over Time change that it might be nerfed a bit? I hope I'm wrong though :)

Again, thanks so much for the awesome guide.
I'm interested in this build, but with the 1.0.2 changes to ignite and DOT effects, it needs to be modified. How do you intend to deal with the patch Grahnja?
"
JarBoneio wrote:
Awesome guide. I managed to swap to EA at around 30-35 and was able to manage quite well. I'm 59 now, just got a 6s Cloak of Defiance - what a difference it makes!

One thing that I think would help out new players a lot would be to go a bit more in depth with the skills allocation. For example do a lvl 1-35 tree, 35-60, etc. I'm quite new to the game, so at the beginning I wasn't too sure which skills to prioritize at the lower levels. :)

I am also a bit curious how the new 1.0.2 patch has impacted this build. It seems with the Damage over Time change that it might be nerfed a bit? I hope I'm wrong though :)

Again, thanks so much for the awesome guide.

I've actually never leveled with EA. I have an idea of how I would spec the tree for leveling but your insight on what did or didnt work with EA would be great. The build has been nerfed, but it is still fairly strong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info