Any other games like PoE that are free-to-play?!

"
Yoomazir wrote:
Warframe, it's not really an arpg, but it's f2p, it has "classes", abilities, got guild system, tons of craftable stuff, nice lore and you play as a space ninja.

I'd definitely recommend Warframe.

Offline mode too!!!

Real crafting!!!

Unfortunately you have to level up your new weapons when you get them before they're useful, and you level them up by killing things with it. Also, theres no progressing story it seems, so I don't feel very inclined to progress past the good farming zones.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
I got a founder pack on warframe, kind of regret it now but I'd recommend it, however don't get too attached to it, as much as the devs show signs of humanity and etc. the game gets stale pretty fast and they have shown absolutely zero interest in spicing it up, the "new weapons" have been merely reskins for quite a long time (ogris, acrid a few exceptions, but 80% I can certainly tell they're re-skins), the missions are pretty much the same they were back in early OB and their "events" consist of giving you an excuse to grind the same maps over and over to progress the lore a bit.

Good game to play casually, but again, don't go hardcore on it or you'll be dissapointed in a month, that's what happened to me.

Oh also don't buy platinum unless you get at least a 50% discount coupon from log in, seriously.

Now if you want the GOOD warframe, get dark sector.
Last edited by GhostOfLiemannen on Nov 20, 2013, 11:57:59 AM
"
ToxicRatt wrote:
Grim Dawn isn't free but it is fun. Albeit limited at the present time.
Yea Grim Dawn is fun but from looks of inventory and skills its totally Titan Quest rip off :D
I would try RotMG. It has a classic 8-bit look to it, and there's 14 classes each ability actually pretty freaking cool.
Damn...seeing Velociraptors name brought a smile to my face.

Got a little excited till I noticed it was just a necro thread.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Seems like after the failure of 2.0 I have to summon this topic.

So - anything alike PoE to play, which is not braindamaged from it's patches ?
"
Yordan wrote:
Seems like after the failure of 2.0 I have to summon this topic.

So - anything alike PoE to play, which is not braindamaged from it's patches ?

Decent salt per word ratio there.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
nah. just my honest opinion.
Drakensang? the only other free to play ARPG i can think of.

But there are other games that are free, Rift, Tera and Guildwars 2.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Don't mind me, I'm just wandering through to sprinkle some flavour on my fries.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info