Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm))

Do you kill all the bandits for skillpoint or you help someone for this build?
IGN: Gimmethegem
"
gesa26 wrote:
Do you kill all the bandits for skillpoint or you help someone for this build?

I help Oak all the way. By far the best reward for this build. The only other - though not even close in its sheer power - reward you might consider would be passive skill points.

Generally unless playing a Chaos Inoculation character, or a character on which I would really really NEED the extra skill points to achieve my build, I would Always take the HP from Oak.

The math:
Spoiler
four difficulties * 45 HP = 180 HP
with the build at lvl75 you get 171% increased HP
180 * 2,71 = 488 HP
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 2, 2013, 7:12:44 PM
Err... this is supposed to be a physical bow build, right? Have you even made it to be bow part, as I can see you got just one lvl 48 mara, prolly another account? If so why don't you link gear or all this build is just theory?
My mara is 60 now, for those who have been following my previous posts. I do OK with this build, but the damage is still pretty low. My opinion so far is that this build requires quite a bit of good gear to shine.

It has some luxuries though, you are really tank and rarely have to worry about any kind of mobs. Reflect damage hurts, but it's not critical cos you always have time to react.

All in all, pretty fun and solid build. I'm gonna continue farming gear on my other chars though, as they do it faster. And hopefully i can throw some good gear on this marauder later.
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
First of all, thanks so much for putting the effort into this guide, especially the beginners section. I'm new to the game and that has made the leveling process so much more enjoyable!

I had a couple of questions:

1) I didn't really see you mention whether or not this was meant for hard-core or soft-core. I'm currently playing in the HC league, and it seems pretty safe. But would you do anything differently passive wise for hard-core?

2) With the impending lightening arrow nerfs have you tried out some sort of split arrow/chain alternative? It seems like it would be a decent alternative.

Edit: 3) And should I wait to get Unwavering Stance until I get Iron Reflexes so that the evasion isn't wasted in that time period? Or is the stun immunity more important? Thanks!
HC Necro-Witch Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/188249
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/187238
Last edited by SpencerRelly on Jan 3, 2013, 6:09:23 PM
"
Relidar wrote:
My opinion so far is that this build requires quite a bit of good gear to shine.

Try getting items with elemental damage to use with LA. The build doesn't really get enough damage from the passive tree, it's item reliant indeed - but that's the idea.

"
SpencerRelly wrote:
First of all, thanks so much for putting the effort into this guide, especially the beginners section. I'm new to the game and that has made the leveling process so much more enjoyable!

I had a couple of questions:

1) I didn't really see you mention whether or not this was meant for hard-core or soft-core. I'm currently playing in the HC league, and it seems pretty safe. But would you do anything differently passive wise for hard-core?

2) With the impending lightening arrow nerfs have you tried out some sort of split arrow/chain alternative? It seems like it would be a decent alternative.

3) And should I wait to get Unwavering Stance until I get Iron Reflexes so that the evasion isn't wasted in that time period? Or is the stun immunity more important? Thanks!

Personally I am being a little "meh" because I don't know exactly which changes Open Beta will bring. Come on 23rd Jan, why can I not speed time up?

In the meantime, I will answer your 1st and 3rd questions. I would not really change anything for hardcore, nope. Personally I waited until around lvl40 to pick up both US and IR at the same time. The stun is really not an issue on early levels, especially not considering the large amount of HP you got.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 3, 2013, 8:32:56 PM
Useful to me !
I dont get why you try so hard to avoid anything within the templar tree :P

3 points more and you could get +50 eleweap dmg, 26%life. Also the +20% shok is alright but since you can already sustain a high lvl LA. Why do you need it?
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
sweet build, noticed your skill tree and then looked at mine, well my build's the same as your's but lvl 31 now guess i'm going bow on my mara lol
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
When does Lightning arrow get nerfed and what is going to be nerfed? or did it already been nerfed ?
IGN: Arowec

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info