Can't play HC with 250ms?

Died 3 times in Cruel around the same level due to connection constantly fluctuates.
Last edited by Dakaa on Jan 7, 2013, 12:22:24 AM
Considering my ping is never below 200ms, I'm going to disagree with this.

It's not ideal, it can be incredibly annoying and frustrating and it certainly affects how you play, but I've had a dozen or so end game melee characters in HC, including 1 week turbo HC.
Hi,

I'm a 350 pinger and I do hardcore. I just have to spec into health, with the knowledge that i will lag spike and get hit.
Smoother than Smooth.
"
Flab wrote:

It's not ideal, it can be incredibly annoying and frustrating and it certainly affects how you play, but I've had a dozen or so end game melee characters in HC, including 1 week turbo HC.

Lowest I get is 250ms via USA, will try SG later.
Last edited by Dakaa on Jan 7, 2013, 12:22:54 AM
Sometimes i get very weird latency issues - one map i get my usual 30ms and the right after i enter a new map im at 350ms-400ms. Happend a few days ago - but it wasnt too bad to play beause i played in a group of 3. I just played a lil bit more carefully and it worked pretty good.

but lagging really hard sounds pretty bad to play with. Maybe you should take a look into the support forums - maybe some other guys had the same problem and found a solution.

rip :s
and keep playing HC - since HC PoE is best PoE!
Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you.
"
Dakaa wrote:
"
Flab wrote:

right now, the lowest i get 250ms, if it's constant and doesn't spike it's totally, but when it does, and it is at the wrong time, i die LOL

I know how it goes, I've recently died to disconnects, had a transition death and a desync death to some buffed rhoas on a map.
I suck at hardcore with a constant 50ms ping, I wouldn't dare play it with a 250ms one.
regular 400ms shadow player from India, reporting in with only two dead 'uns, and a live and kicking level 60.
I think most hc players would agree the lagomancer is the no. 1 killer of characters. Short of supplying a single player mode, in my view even the best precautions can hiccup when least desired.
Latency is a pretty big killer I have to agree. Just pull yourself back up and get playing Hardcore again though, SC really feels like it defeats the object of the game a little bit for me.

I'm sure it'll get better, and if not over time you'll learn to compensate for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info