The Map drop system... How it should work... Vs how it does now

It SHOULD feel really epic to play a super high level map. It shouldn't be something you can constantly do. That's why i like the map system exactly as it is.

-Sincierely. Kinsman
"
Bibba wrote:
It SHOULD feel really epic to play a super high level map. It shouldn't be something you can constantly do. That's why i like the map system exactly as it is.

-Sincierely. Kinsman

^^^^ This. :)

The difficulty can certainly be epic. Being able to survive in a super high level map is the epic part for me. Not the fact that you can't even try at it without luck and/or lots of currency first.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
"
ransagy wrote:
The difficulty can certainly be epic. Being able to survive in a super high level map is the epic part for me. Not the fact that you can't even try at it without luck and/or lots of currency first.

Epic to PLAY a super high lvl.

I never found the difficulty to ramp up that much to be honest.

Finding a lvl69 map, for me, is close to the feeling I would get if I found a mirror. Although not as great when I 6L my gear.

RNG is the good part, the game is rigged with it in every way and it feels highly rewarding when you roll a high map. Only endgame not so much as has been said.
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
ransagy wrote:

Epic to PLAY a super high lvl.

I never found the difficulty to ramp up that much to be honest.

Finding a lvl69 map, for me, is close to the feeling I would get if I found a mirror. Although not as great when I 6L my gear.

I guess. I just dislike the fact i have to play in a very specific way to get to the higher level content at all (MF gear, partying, etc etc).
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
The ironic thing MF used to affect map drops. They changed it so it doesn't. Although I'm still not convinced player IIQ from groups isn't playing a roll, as every time I'm in a group. We seem to find more.

I understand both sides, I just see the negative aspect of guaranteed drops more toxic to outweigh the benefits.
And then we find a strand of like 3 69 maps, being the first in the league... While no one else plays a 68 for like 3 more days Slurms. It is indeed a fair bit annoying for the important endgame to be linked with chance. I still like the idea of a leveling MoC for endgame with map drops as candy rather than the actual content :D
Like I said, I agree with the positive reasoning behind it. You also know that I have been a vocal supporter of a MoC like endgame alongside maps.

When I say the benefits don't outweigh the negatives in terms of automatic drops for maps and hence progression I mean 2 things.

One. Leveling would increase at an incredible pace, with literally nothing to look forward to. The carrot on a stick is diminished or outright gone.

Two. How much currency would we still have if maps weren't a currency sink in terms of odds progressing? 1k GCP more. Per high ladder player?

Question becomes, how would one balance maps and MoC coexisting in terms of risks vs reward?
ya, i dunno, feels like they need to do something to map drops. sofar, this is the only area of an otherwise stellar game that has been a TOTAL letdown in most respects when it comes to map drop rates/progression, and i was really stoked to check out the map system after seeing info on it early on. after more than a week of running them, i am pretty much underwhelmed, borderline bored and really really hoping that this will be tweaked if this is all the "endgame" we have. i mean, i just alttabbed to post this, instead of running another map which i would really rather be doing if it didnt feel fairly pointless to run another lvl 60 map.

level 72 main, so i have run a fair amount of maps at this point. i run good mods, more rares, more uniques, more mobs, more magic mobs. i chisle and alch my higher level maps. sofar, i have had ONE, count it ONE, lvl 63 map drop. tons of 60s and 61's. maybe a half dozen 62's. i dunno, grinding away on lvl 60 maps for dick xp and drops at level 72 is starting to feel really stupid to me, not to mention the couple times i have actually run out of maps and had to go back to do a pyrimid run. sure, i can faceroll pyramid. the point is it is not even remotly interesting at level 70 to be doing that to score a stupid lvl 60 map. i dunno, i feel like my progression has just ground to a halt when it comes to maps. if the system stays the same as it is now, i honestly dont know how long i would grind maps. sure, i can buy maps, but thats not really my style. like, HAVING to resort to that. its way to rng now or you have to buy your way to progression and that kind of takes the fun out of a do it yourself grind which is just more my playstyle, i have no problem with buying stuff, i just prefer not to. maybe i will jsut have to accept that as the price of progression. i hope not.

i dunno, i hope its still gonna get adjusted, im really pretty disappointed sofar in the actual drop mechanics, and that is the only area that has been a letdown for me. im all for a bit of rng, but it just seems stupid right now. im not sure about gauranteed map drops off last boss, but that sure would solve the map drop problem. one map of = or higher level off map boss or something. its literally the only area of the games design where i am going wtf are they thinking here? because everything else, systemwise has been done really really well. just not a fan atm and just really wondering how long this would hold my interest after wipe. everything else about them is fine, its just the actual map drop rates that are starting to get on my nerves, and the couple times i had to go back to pyramid in my 60's to grind for another map, i was seriously going really? is this really working as intended?

that said, i LOVE the game. this is the only glaring sore spot for me atm. really looking forward to act 3!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info