(Nemesis) Elemental Hit Theorycrafting

I've always wanted to try to make my own build surrounding the Elemental Hit gem. I feel it has potential combined with Elemental Equilibrium.

Option one is to make it a single target skill, and have another AoE skill that scales with weapon elemental damage. I'm pretty sure you could get good damage out of it.

Option two is to use it as your main AoE skill, using Melee Splash. Either way you'll be using WED, that just directly boosts the damage a lot.

I made a rough build that revolves around getting a lot of survivability nodes as well as most of the + elemental damage nodes to around 100 points:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHKPpBh7c-_gryRTrhplcxnk3j_o81kqxZiPHnY8auPC3E9sQV6-64kzLRRUe1BF3GRtftIOFzi4zkIilPgpsabBmFJKo26eNq7DgaOKeEkFVX4nflMokEsxRNAnHwH6IAJ-3z3ayqcql82bXybqpKyD8nKk0VICzp3Q1br04qKaVz4V-q94iD2_xLznFsFvzFZ6CHdkp9VvrdRmOn_E7uDiP27_BaSBrb-WMV8DpYBH6HGZit

Giving 294% max life, +231 max life, +2 max resist, +32 all resist, 88% weapon elemental damage and 33% elemental damage.

Key nodes are: Elemental Equilibrium, Resolute Technique, Iron Reflexes.

I'm guessing best weapon choice would be dual wielding 1-handed maces for the increase in elemental damage.

Uniques that can scale well:
The Supreme Truth
Windscream
The Taming
Chitus' Apex (ES based so not good with IR)
Auxium (Same as Chitus)
Aegis Aurora (Not sure if good since not having specced anything into shields)

Stats to look for in gear:
Rings and belts are the only gear (afaik) that can roll +weapon elemental damage, and it doesn't seem like any gear can roll pure elemental damage as an affix. Other than that the basic +max life and max your resists. Maybe get some chaos resistance as well.

Can anyone come with any input? Maybe other uniques that goes well with this?
Last edited by Chrozon on Nov 17, 2013, 2:37:01 PM
The Problem with Ele Hit and EE is that you can't have any ele damage on gear or your weapon.

...And Ele Hit doesn't scale with Phys damage, it might be better to scrap EE and just get more Ele Damage(Might want to do math though because EE still may be better.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info